Does anyone know anything about this Dr Sergio Verboonen

L N
on 2/20/09 3:48 am, edited 2/20/09 3:49 am
Hi just cking different Dr's in Mexico for VSG surgery.  Has anyone been to this Dr. for that type surgery, if so please tell me about your experience.

Thanks 
llindsey26
on 2/20/09 6:58 am - Hudson, FL
VSG on 02/13/09 with
I did not use him but was going to.....until I found out he got into some trouble in regards to insurance fraud.  Was going to go to his "new" clinic in Can****hat I could not find any information on what-so-ever.  That seemed a little fishy to me, the whole having a career in Tijuana, get into trouble with the law and all of sudden open a clinic in Can****hing. 

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu8xGM59JrC4AoM5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTBybnZlZnRlBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2FjMgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=12tl68fgv/EXP=1235256518/**http%3a//www.integratedfraudsolutions.com/docs/DJ_News_Release_20030916.pdf

Anyway, I ended up using Dr Pompa instead.  Only 7 days out but so far so good.

Just my 2 cents!
llindsey26

Valerie H.
on 4/1/09 1:12 am
  Hello friends! 
  I just wanted to send out a note because I am so happy! I had my gastric sleeve surgery with Dr Verboonen in Cancun on March 14, 2009 and I could not be happier! For those of you considering weight loss surgery in Mexico I cannot express how overly pleased I am with my patient facilitator, surgeon, hospital and overall experience!! Cancun is such a great place! It's very commercialized and very American-ized, which made me feel at home right away!
  My patient facilitator was Sheri and she was probably the 12 PF I'd talked to about a surgery in Mexico. As soon as I heard her voice I was sold. Her upbeat personality and positive energy came through the phone and I immediately knew where I should go! I booked my plane tickets that night!! And I have never looked back!
  The hospital was immaculate and practically brand new! The rooms were very nice and looked like rooms in an American hospital! They were all single rooms with marble floors and a couch and recliner for my friend who went with me! The nurses were very nice and accommodating! And the surgery team was amazing! They all came in to meet with me before the surgery and made me feel comfortable. The next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery! That night around midnight I was feeling a little discomfort (gas and bloating)and Dr. Verboonen himself called me to see how I was doing! I wonder how many US doctors would do the same?
  Anyway before I knew it, I was back home again in Indiana! My only slight complication was an allergic reaction to the adhesive used on my bandages. Now, the only reason I mention this is because even when I was back in the states, my two head surgeons Dr. Verboonon and Dr. Perez emailed, text and called me to see how I was doing!! Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty. They didn't have a nurse call or my patient facilitator they both contacted me multiple times!
  My rash may be gone but my positive feelings about my surgeons, my patient facilitator and my experience in Cancun will always live on! If anyone out there is considering a surgery in Mexico I would be happy to give you all the ins and outs of my time in Cancun. I urge everyone to do their research but for me, there was only one place and that was in Cancun with Dr. Verboonen.
-Valerie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views