Any negative Dr. Aceves stories

L N
on 2/11/09 4:29 am, edited 2/11/09 4:30 am
Hi I am a self-pay was going to Dr. Alvarez for my VGS, but his office no longer accepts credit cards, and that is how I am paying.

I checked with Dr. Aceves office and they do take credit cards. 

So now I need to the the scoop on Dr. Aceves, and his facilities. 
FabBy50 .
on 2/16/09 10:44 am - Everett, WA
Hi

You can go to a bank and do a withdrawal from your card ahead of time. That would save you from having to do it there. See if your credit card company has checks they can send you, that is another way of paying.

Good luck, Bernadette
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/09 5:12 am - AZ
On February 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM Pacific Time, Bernadette B. wrote:
Hi

You can go to a bank and do a withdrawal from your card ahead of time. That would save you from having to do it there. See if your credit card company has checks they can send you, that is another way of paying.

Good luck, Bernadette

I wouldn't do that, your bank can charge you an entirely different interest rate, a "Cash Advance" rate which is usually quite high.

skinnyRam
on 2/26/09 5:17 am
Hi!!

My name is Ramona, I had my VSG with Dr. Aceves on Jan 26th 2009 and loved it!!! I would absolutely recommend him, the hospital is extremely clean (and pretty!) and everything looks very state of the art. you will love Sergio!!! the best nurse in the world! he will hold your hand and make you feel very at ease :o)

What made me decide on Dr. Aceves is his xperience he is a FACS and member of the ASBS and the facts that he has done the laproscopic bypass for such a lng time made feel confortable becasue that meant that he has experience with more dificult surgeries and so the VSg would be a piece of cake for him  I talked with 2 of his coordinators Nina and Monica and they were very helpful and very understanding that I was a bit nervous about the whole Mexico thing...

I think that you would be making a great choice if you settled on Dr. A, he knows so much and is a very kind doctor. Best of luck!!!

Ramona W.
on 3/21/09 11:21 am
am also going to dr aceves for sleeve and paying with credit card i am from canada what was the price?
Eve
oh2bthinagain
on 4/19/09 5:01 am - Canada

I know we have chatted a bit - and haven't heard from you lately so I am guessing you may be down in Mexico right now!

Anyways, I see you paid by credit card - was there any extra charge by them for that and what did they charge you for the surgery?

Best of luck to you on your new weight loss journey!

on 4/19/09 9:34 am
I have not done surgery yet. it will be next week with dr Almanza. I paid with credit card 
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/09 5:10 am - AZ
On February 11, 2009 at 12:29 PM Pacific Time, naronlj wrote:
Hi I am a self-pay was going to Dr. Alvarez for my VGS, but his office no longer accepts credit cards, and that is how I am paying.

I checked with Dr. Aceves office and they do take credit cards. 

So now I need to the the scoop on Dr. Aceves, and his facilities. 

Nothing negative here. I went to him for my band and sleeve and he was great.

He's done over 500 sleeves and never had a leak.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views