Need a SHOUT OUT from some of Dr. Alvarez patients

L N
on 2/10/09 6:23 am

I just want honesty from people who went to him for their weight loss surgery.  I would love to hear the BAD experiences as well as the GOOD one's about Dr. Alvarez.

Thinking of getting him to do my VSG surgery.

secail
on 2/11/09 4:11 am - Riverdale, GA
Lap Band on 01/16/09 with
I was a patient of Dr. Alvarez.  I had the lap band surgery on 01/16/09.  All I can say about the doctor is..........HE IS GREAT!?!?!!?!?!?  I have no complaints.  Dr. Alvarez and his staff were great, they are very attentive and please tell me when have you had a doctor here in the states to come by to see you after surgery four times in one day with the latest being after 9 pm.  His staff makes sure that you are comfortable.  My father accompanied me and the doctor and his staff not only made sure that I was comfortable, but my dad as well.  After my surgery I received calls at home making sure I made it home okay; as well as, to see how I am doing. If you choose Dr. Alveraz, you will not be disappointed....  
MJ
on 2/12/09 2:38 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Revision on 02/28/09 with
I can't remember ever hearing anything bad about Dr. Alvarez.  My son had his VSG with Dr. Alvarez in September of 2008 and I had my lap band removed by him (it was placed by another doctor).  I'm returning to see him at the end of this month for a VSG.  We both thought he was wonderful, one of the most caring physicians we have ever met.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
  T.S. Eliot

MJ
on 2/12/09 2:40 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Revision on 02/28/09 with
P.S.  You might want to try this question on the VSG message board.  I think you'll get many more replies.

Best wishes with your decision ...

MJ

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
  T.S. Eliot

Sephia
on 2/13/09 4:05 pm - Flint, MI
I would like to know from those who paid out of pocket, how much the VSG package cost. If I don't get approved then I may have to investigate this route.

Visit us at Motherhood after WLS !
Mom to 8 ~ Adelyn Grace arrived July 8, 2010!

lsditter
on 2/16/09 6:59 am - Fort Morgan, CO
VSG on 10/23/13
I just had my lap band surgery with Dr. Alvarez on 02/09/09 and I honestly would recommend him to anyone!  One of the patients that was there to have a VSG at the same time as me came with her mother who had also had the VSG done about a year ago by Dr. Alvarez.  At that point the rest of my fears were gone as I figured 'if a mother would bring her child back to the same Dr. he must be good!'

I have to say that Dr. Alvarez's staff made the whole procedure, including travel, so easy.  I had absolutely no problems at all!  Feel free to ask me any questions!

dw45
on 3/5/09 3:25 am - Hartford, AR
VSG on 03/23/09 with
If you type Dr. Alvarez in the top SEARCH box of this page, you can see his profile and then click on Patient Reviews and there are screens and screens of reviews!  I can't find anything negative and all the comments are extremely positive and that's the main reason that I chose him to do my VSG on March 23rd.

DW
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 623 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views