anyone going to Juarez in Febuary

lawandad
on 3/23/09 9:46 am - Houston, TX

How did you surgery with dr rodriguez go?  I'm scheduled to have my lap band on the 4th of April.

dhocutt
on 3/23/09 11:06 am
We did great. Everything is so organized. You will do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first 2 weeks are kinda rough, you will get hungry but hang in there it gets better. This site helps me so much. Just hollar at me if you have questions. Good Luck!!!!

lawandad
on 3/24/09 12:56 pm - Houston, TX
How was it with all the drama at the burder?  Were there other people as well from thr US there for thr surgery?  Any pain?
dhocutt
on 3/24/09 9:46 pm
We were picked up at the airport with 1 other man and we saw nothing bad happening. That is furthur in the city. You will feel safe, they take you straight to hospital and right back to airport when you are discharged. We never felt unsafe or uncomfortable. As far as pain, yes you will have some but they give you IV  pain meds every 6 hours 1st 24 hours and then you can ask for it. They take excellant care of you and most of the pain is from gas. The 1st 2 weeks you will have a good bit of gas also but the gas-x strips work very well. The worst thing to me was the hunger pains or just the feeling of being empty ( probable a little mind thing) from being on just liquids, since I have been able to eat mushies and soft food, I feel great and even started walking this week. They did 4 of them the day we were there and all of them were from the US. Good luck and GOD bless you, you will be fine. E-Mail me if you have any more questions.
Debbie Hocutt
[email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 624 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views