anyone going to Juarez in Febuary

dhocutt
on 2/9/09 5:10 am
My sister and I are having lap band with Dr. Rodriguez Feb. 27th, would love to hear from anyone who has been or is going.
thanks
isabel41206
on 2/10/09 8:25 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
i had RNY with dr. rod in Sept.the hospital is nice. staff very friendly But a few are lacking in english skills....  hospital is where you will live. nothing else really in the area. tv has several channels in english and celll phone works fine. 
dak0207
on 2/12/09 8:11 am
I had lap band on Jan 9 this year with Dr Rodriguez.  They pick you up in a van at the airport and take you right to the hospital.  The hospital is beautiful and clean....Lots of marble...big shower!! My only complaint was the shades on the window were very light.  I asked for a darker covering and they taped up a tarp...it helped but it is best if you can bring a sleep mask.  A travel pillow for the ride home is a big help.  Good Luck....Say hello to Jesus ...he is really sweet..  He took my husband around Juarez...had dinner, margaritas, cervezas.  I think you will really be happy with every thing
dhocutt
on 2/12/09 9:37 am
Thank you so much for the info. How are you doing now? Did you have a lot of pain? Guess we are getting kind of anxious. thanks again for answering.
dak0207
on 2/12/09 9:11 pm
I am doing really good.  The only pain I remember bothering me was the gas pain in my left shoulder.  It lasted over 2 weeks(everyone is different).  And after about a week my port site started to be a little painful ( kinda like you've run until you get that "pain" in your side).  Other than that  it was just one day at a time with the liquids.  You are going with a friend so you have each other to get through it.  You will be totally glad you did it.  Let me know how it goes!  Oh yeah...it takes about 1 hour to get through the border crossing.  Not bad, the driver knows the best way.   Travel pillow will help, Mexico roads are kinda bumpy. 

Diana
dhocutt
on 2/17/09 8:09 pm
thanks for the note. I,m glad you are doing so well. we are getting kinda anxious but excited. good luck on the rest of your journey.
Debbie
luchay
on 2/17/09 10:07 am
Hi- i am going to Juarez for the band with dr Natera on 2/25. Good luck!
dhocutt
on 2/17/09 8:11 pm
good luck and God bless you on your journey.
dak0207
on 2/17/09 11:30 pm
Please forgive my forgetfullness!    The # for the pt coordinator is   503-539-3023. She had surgery several years ago and her husband ( a chiropractor) had his lap band from Dr Rodriguez in Dec.  She can send you all the info.  She is very nice and available 7 day a week.  She even called me back on Thanksgiving.   Her email is  [email protected].   Best of luck to you and your sister.  You won't regret it.
lawandad
on 3/20/09 12:11 pm - Houston, TX
How did your surgery go?  I'm having my surgery in Juarez, April 4th.
Please give me any information you can share.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 624 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views