In defense of Dr Quiroz

Lisa.O
on 2/20/09 12:35 am - Cordova, TN
I am not interested in carrying on this argument, and this will be my last post on the subject. I did not PROMISE anyone anything. I simply stated MY viewpoint, which is just as valid as yours or anyone else's. Hadn't you had another procedure from a different doctor before contacting Dr Quiroz again? Anyway, as I said I will not carry this on any longer. I think he is a wonderful surgeon, as well as a caring human being. I would not hesitate to go to him again, should I decide to have any further work done. Good luck to you.

Lisa

Lisa O

I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them, but they were only satellites

Its wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you cared--Kirsty McColl

Gracies
on 2/20/09 8:48 am
Well I'm sorry you feel that way Lisa.  I never said your viewpoint wasn't valid with respect to your experience.  Again, the only issue I had with your post was your clear reference to other people's comments about their experiences.  I am sorry you can't seem to step back and see why your post has upset some of us.  I know your intention was to help Dr. Quiroz and I'm sorry that doesn't seem to have been the outcome.  
L C.
on 2/24/09 10:38 pm - OH
Girls, Girls,

Back again.  Sorry for the spotty responses but my gallbladder is to blame!  Better now but still a little under the weather. 

Anyway,
The Dr. Q thing is spotty as well.  Eggface and Lisa have had good experiences with him and GracieS and others have not. 

Here's my take for anyone who cares...if not, skip this : )

It appears from all responses over several months the following:

*Dr. Q has had both good and bad results with plastics patients as reported

*Dr. Q's responses are less than stellar with regards to emails, etc.  as reported by both happy and unhappy customers

*Pricing seems good but results vary.  Other Mex. Drs. with better reports have much the same pricing.

*Tijuana just made the bad boys list of Travel warnings by several colleges telling spring breakers not to visit border towns in Mexico due to drug gang wars.  (I worked extensively in Nuevo Laredo and Piedras Negras several years ago and there are definitely areas to avoid.  Now, especially Nuevo Laredo, those areas have extended to main areas such as main streets, malls and tourist shopping areas)  Potential candidates may want to wait until the dust settles.

Finally, although some have had good experiences, others have not.  GracieS' s comments are as valid as Lisa O's and vice versa. 
Buyer beware.  Dr. Q's results have varied and GracieS is not the only unhappy camper.  At first, it sounded like Dr. Q was ready to make nice with Gracie and repair the unsatisfactory areas at no added cost but now has fallen off the radar with no return emails, communication, etc. 
Let's stop infighting.  I understand why Lisa wants to help out a surgeon that did a good job for her and gave her the results that she wanted BUT do not discard the results that Gracie received either as her surgery pictures show way less than satisfactory results.  These were not just picky little comments.  Her pictures show BIG problematic areas.

So far Dr. Q has not explained why Gracie's surgery went awry.  (Special cir****tances...enormous amounts of skin requiring multi surgeries, skin type, patient age, patient compliance, post surgical complications, etc.)  Without that, it is a crap shoot as to outcome.  For me, I am not gambling on that.  JMHO. 

Good luck to all and do your homework.  Make the Dr.'s show result photos, explore multisites and comments and blog with "real" patients and their results.  (DEFINITELY not saying either Lisa or Gracie are not real but over the course of my research I have seen "shills" for the Dr.s offering comments that look suspiciously like a good marketing scams either in favor or against certain surgeons)

Everyone take care and play nice.  We are all in this together.

: )  Now stepping off my pulpit and going to lay down!
Lisa C.

238/230/155/141/137
Pre-op/Day of Surgery/Dr's Goal/Current/My Goal
I did it!  I made my Dr's Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin B.
on 2/26/09 6:17 am
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/09 2:29 am - Bayonne, NJ
Yes, unpredictable. I'm very happy with my LBL, somewhat happy with my breast lift/augmentation, but completely unhappy with my arms. They look worse than when I started.

Even if revisions were in the forecast, I am thoroughly unhappy that permanent stitches were left in the arms and the breasts. They poke through, cause pain, and are not recommended by any plastic surgeon. I'm afraid they will interfere with breast exams.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 624 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views