In defense of Dr Quiroz

Lisa.O
on 2/8/09 2:36 am - Cordova, TN
I have been away from OH for quite a few months now. I was an avid reader/mostly lurker for about 6-7 months while I prepared for my LBL, Breast reduction/reconstruction, arm lift and thigh lift. I had Gastric Bypass and lost approx 180 pounds. As you can imagine, I had a lot of extra skin, and it looked awful, not to mention I could not get clothes to fit my misshapen body. So, I joined OH and PS Journeys to research, and research I did.

As a result of all the posts and articles I found in these two very helpful forums, I decided to go to Mexico and use the services of Dr Quiroz at Cosmed. I can only say that Dr Quiroz gave me LIFE. I now wear a size 12, down from a 5x. I have had 3 separate surgeries with him. Now, if he were as bad as some of these posts have suggested, would I have gone back two more times? No, I would not.

Dr Quiroz is a very gifted, talented surgeon. He is also a humble, funny, kind human being. Since I have last been online, my marriage has ended. My husband left me, and life just generally fell apart. Do you know who calls to check up on me and make sure I am OK, and I don't need anything? Dr Quiroz, that is who. This busy man, a surgeon who came into my life by chance now takes the time to call me on any given random day to check up on ME. Not to sell me another surgery, but to see if I am OK. He asks if I need anything, he offers to pray for me and my daughter. He is, in addition to a great surgeon, a good human being. It really hurts me to see him trashed on here. I do not know these other ladies who are talking bad about Dr Quiroz, I have not met them, but I do know the man they are talking about is not the same Dr Quiroz I know.

Dr Quiroz did go through a period where there was general upheaval in his office, mainly due to growth and a new computer system, coupled with a new employee. That *DID* lead to some missed emails and some general miscommunication. Dr Quiroz found out about the problem, and he got on the problem, and he fixed the problem. Plain and simple.

Dr Quiroz has never charged anything for a revision. Simply put, if you are not happy, he is willing to fix it for free. Now, as I said, I lost 180 pounds. Dr Q removed somewhere in the vicinity of 32-35 more pounds from my body. Do I look like a supermodel? No, I do not. Do I look 1000% better? Yes, I do. And yes that a 1000% (thousand) percent.

I have never felt like I was paid for and forgotten by this great man. He calls me, he emails me, he checks up on me. I have a question, I email him, and he responds quickly. I call him, he takes my call, unless he is in surgery, and then he calls me back.

Anyone considering Dr Quiroz for surgery, I implore you, go with him. If your expectations are realistic, you will not be sad you went with him. One thing you MUST remember though is this: We have lost massive amounts of weight. Our skin is not so elastic as thin people's skin. My skin was also 45 years old. Your age also plays a part in how well you look after surgery, as well as if you have has previous surgeries. They too can affect your outcome.

Again, please do not believe all you read, here or anywhere. Do your research, talk to people. Look at my before and afters. Sorry, I dont have any of my legs, as my soon to be ex husband was my photographer. But I can assure you, they look so much better.

If you are considering Mexico for your surgery, you will not find a better team that those at Cosmed, lead by Dr Quiroz. I went 3 times for 3 surgeries, and could not be happier, well, unless I could win the lottery! But, seriously, Dr Quiroz is a very talented, even gifted, surgeon. He DOES care about his patients, not just while they are in Mexico, but even after they go home. If you go to him, you will not be sorry.

Sincerely,
Lisa O

Lisa O

I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them, but they were only satellites

Its wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you cared--Kirsty McColl

katydidit64
on 2/9/09 2:02 am - north port, FL
Thank you for this post... It is so nice to see a positive attitude and a positive outcome!!  I also am considering PS with this group... am in the investigation process and will hopefully be scheduling surgery by the first week of march!

I was not as large nor lost as much weight but the fact remains that while I carry this abdominal roll around with me I still see myself as a large lady!  Hopefully with that gone and mirror therapy (thats what made me realize I was a very large person!) being a constant visual confirmation of the changes I have gone thru I will be able to have a better internal picture of myself!

That being said, back to your positive outcome, I am delighted to hear about your experiences with this physician and the group that he is affiliated with.

Thanks again!  
Eggface
on 2/15/09 8:22 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Hey Lisa,

Well you know how I feel about Dr. Q. He rocks!!!

I am super satisfied with my outcome post LBL, BL/BA and arm lift.

I'm sorry about your recent personal difficulties. I hope brighter days are ahead my friend.

Take Care,
~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Lisa.O
on 2/16/09 10:03 am - Cordova, TN
Thanks Eggface! Things will get better. I have filed for divorce as of last Wednesday. Evie and I are doing OK. There are brighter days ahead, I know there are. Say a prayer for us. We could use all we can get!

Lisa O

Lisa O

L C.
on 2/16/09 12:13 pm - OH
Hi Lisa,

I have been away a while with complications of a gall bladder removal and have been unable to respond to my prior "OBSERVATIONS"  of Dr. Q.   I was the one who wrote about the problems that GracieS experienced from surgery that he performed.  She reported that he had not responded when she repeatedly asked for help when she was experiencing not only aesthetic disappointment with the surgery that he performed but also with an urgent request for help when she was having medical problems. 

I stirred the pot by posting a few less than stellar comments about his lack of follow up and his request to charge her for a revision on a surgery that was in plain words horrible.  (pictures were posted and they were BAD) 

In fairness, later after I assume he learned about my posts and a few others who joined me in my comments regarding the care that GracieS, he personally sent her a letter apologizing for not responding timely enough and offered to perform the revisions for free (originally he wanted to charge her an additional $5K) 

I hope that his change of heart was due to some mass communication errors and that he is indeed the doctor that you report.  I was definitely unkind in my posts about the situation and if indeed he had some issues with misunderstanding with his patient GracieS then I stand corrected and am glad to see that he has righted a wrong. 

I applaud his efforts to make that situation right for her and can only hope that it was not the pressure asserted that made him have a change of heart for loss of business. 

Congrats on your successful surgeries and hopefully I will be reporting the same when I schedule my surgeries later this year with a doctor that I liked in Monterrey.

Best of luck. 

Lisa : )

238/230/155/141/137
Pre-op/Day of Surgery/Dr's Goal/Current/My Goal
I did it!  I made my Dr's Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa.O
on 2/16/09 7:58 pm - Cordova, TN
Nice post, Lisa. Thanks. He really s a great guy!

Lisa O

Lisa O

Gracies
on 2/19/09 2:50 am
Lisa, I am so sorry to hear you have been having problems.  I hadn't seen you around and didn't hear back from you so I was worried.

Dr. Quiroz and I are still "negotiating" at this point.  I sent him an email last week outlining all the problems that I felt needed to be fixed but I have not heard back from him yet.  I'm not sure if we are going to have resolution but I'm trying to be hopeful.  I did take down my pics and my review as an act of good faith.  I hope the next set of pics I post are of me looking much better than I do now.  I guess only time will tell.

It seems that a couple of others who were unhappy have made contact and are moving forward with revisions so that's good news.  Dr. Quiroz needs no other defense than to make his patients happy. He seems to be trying to do that so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

I appreciate your support and "pot-stirring" as I do think that had a lot to do with them finally contacting me. 
Gracies
on 2/19/09 2:58 am
Lisa,

I responded to your cross post over on psj but feel the need to respond here as well.  I am thrilled that you are thrilled with your results.  Most of Dr. Quiroz's patients seem to be happy.  But I resent the implication that I have lied or spread rumors of some sort.  My experience is just as real as yours and I feel I have the right to tell my story.  I am not doing it to hurt Dr. Quiroz but simply to speak my truth.  I hope one day to have new pics to post and that I will also be able to tell a new story as a happy and satisfied patient. 

My photos are still up on psj if you care to take a look.  I don't think anyone who sees them can say that I have unrealistic expectations.  And pictures don't lie.  My story, my experience is very real.  Again, I hope I have a happy ending but that has yet to be determined. 

If nothing else people do need to consider that no matter how qualified your surgeon, no matter how many good results you read about you can end up with poor results and a bad experience.  It happens and it's naive to believe that it doesn't.
Lisa.O
on 2/19/09 9:53 am - Cordova, TN
I did not imply anything of the sort. I was just stating my opinion of Dr Q. Just as you wanted to tell your story, I felt I needed to tell mine. I do hope you get the results you want.

Lisa O

Lisa O

Gracies
on 2/19/09 11:43 am
When you told people not to believe everything they read here or anywhere I assumed that was directed at me and others like me who have been unhappy.  What else could that be a reference to Lisa?

Again, I am glad you are happy.  Most Cosmed patients are.  But you cannot guarantee anyone they will have the positive experience you had and promise that everyone will be happy with their results.  You just can't and you should not because it's a false promise.  So again, tell your story by all means.  But other people have valid opinions and shouldn't be dismissed.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 432 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 624 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1210 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1836 views