Dr. Miguel Herrera Center of Excellence in Bariatric Surgery.

maureenmosti
on 1/19/09 8:09 am - Mexico, Mexico
If you can´t have your surgery in USA because of money, you should look for a bariatric surgeon and hospital that have applied to be or are certified as a Bariatric Center of Excellence. This will help you to make a better choice.
Have a nice day!
Lisey
on 1/23/09 1:27 pm - Milwaukee suburb, WI
I agree that the center of excellence accreditation is optimal, but I have heard that it is an arduous, costly process that makes it an impractical or non-feasible possibility for most oversees bariatric programs.

Given that, I think a better rule of thumb is that the surgeon you are selecting has a good amount of experience and that hospital has the highest JCAHO rating (5).  It is the Joint Commission Accreditation of Hospital Organizations.  See weblink for info on JCAHO.

http://www.jointcommission.org/

I think it's great that your surgeon's practice is getting designated a center of excellence, but I just wanted to post this so that people understand that there are other factors aside from patient care factors that impact ability to become designated as a center of excellence.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

mjksxz
on 1/24/09 2:32 pm - spring creek, NV
i tried to look him up but could not find him where is he located , what is his info
ellieflorida
on 2/20/09 2:07 am

http://www.abchospital.com/domino/abchospital/ClinObe2.nsf/i ndice/1.0i?Opendocument

Most Americans go to Tijuana, Monterrey, etc for weight loss surgery but Dr. Herrera is in Mexico City.  I have family in Mexico City so I'm going there if my insurance won't pay in the US.

Good Luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views