Cost for LBL at CosMed or anywhere in Mexico?

Julie D.
on 1/11/09 5:40 am - Stephenville, TX
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the appx cost for a LBL at CosMed, or anywhere in Mexico?  Are the savings significant vs. having a LBL in the states?  I'm also needing a breast lift.  How does it work to go to Mexico regarding where you stay...are you in the hospital the whole time?  All info would be greatly appreciated!

Julie

Much Love,
Jules

Gracies
on 1/11/09 6:44 am
I paid $8900 for a LBL with BL at Cosmed back in 2007.  I am not sure if the prices have gone u*****t.  For me the savings were quite significant as I would have paid at least double that here.  Heck it's $10k for just a tummy tuck around here!  I don't think it can be argued that plastic surgery outside the US is significanly cheaper than in the US (which is why so many people opt to go that route.)

I stayed over one night at the clinic and then was moved to a recovery house that is now out of business.  I think it ran about $150/night including food and laundry service.  There was a nurse (but not an RN I'm pretty sure) that came to check on us once a day.  

Cosmed is opening a new facility and I think they will offer aftercare of some sort?  I'm not sure but I think I read that somewhere.

********************* Don't go to Tijuana whatever you do*******************

Julie D.
on 1/11/09 8:28 am - Stephenville, TX
I'm still learning the lingo...what is a BL?  Thank you for your help.  How did everything go at CosMed?  Were you satisfied with your results?

Much Love,
Jules

Gracies
on 1/11/09 9:35 am
Yeah, the lingo!!    BL=Breast Lift

I can't say that I am satisfied with my results but many people who have gone to Cosmed are.  It's definitely a choice worth at least considering.

********************* Don't go to Tijuana whatever you do*******************

Vivian Prouty
on 1/11/09 1:05 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Julie.... check with Jack Young who does the Rise and Shine Support Group.   He had his LBL in Dallas at SouthWest Medical Center.   I know that his LBL was really very reasonable.  He paid about $6000 I believe.   SO you may be able to get Mexico prices right here in the states....which is really much safer.    When you get PS out of the country and if you have any complications....most PS here won't touch you.   That is something to think about !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Julie D.
on 1/11/09 10:04 pm - Stephenville, TX
Hey Vivian!

I was basing my comparison for the pricing against you actually...didn't you pay around 14k for your LBL?  Why was the price so much different for you and Jack?

Much Love,
Jules

Vivian Prouty
on 1/12/09 1:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Julie,

I paid $11,000 18 month ago for my LBL and $2000 in July for lipo to the spot where the fat at the back of my skin at my ribs had grown to the rib cage and wasn't able to be lipoed at the time of the LBL.   Jacks was so much cheaper because I believe it is a school and the person that did the LBL is about to get their license as a PS....now don't quote me on that.....that is just what I thought that he had said.   Anyway it would be worth the wait to get it at about half price.   Janet ( anther lady who comes to R & S ) went there also and her's cost $6000 that was LBL only so I imagine it would be maybe $1500 or so to get a BL done at the same time.   Call Jack or PM him for information and contact them and see what they have to say about prices.    Good luck.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Julie D.
on 1/12/09 1:34 am - Stephenville, TX
As usual Vivian, you are the best!  Thank you for all of your help.  Jack works with my dad, so I'll get his email address from him.

Much Love,
Jules

Vivian Prouty
on 1/12/09 1:36 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good luck to you Julie.  

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

Lisey
on 1/18/09 1:43 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
I've read in lots of places that it's really not recommended to get more than one procedure done at a time b/c it makes healing more difficult since your body is attempting to heal multiple locations, which usually leads to not as good healing with scar appearance.  Just a thought to consider if you never have heard of it.

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views