Surgery Jan 19 with Dr Joya

nillie
on 1/10/09 2:40 am, edited 1/10/09 2:41 am
Lap Band on 01/19/09 with
Hi everyone, I am headed down for surgery with Dr Joya Jan 19.  My friend and I are stay a few days after to enjoy the sun.  Anyone headed down there that week?
nillie
on 1/26/09 1:42 am

Well, I am home and happily on my way to being a new me.  Post op was very easy for me.  My girlfriend got a touch of diarrhea while we were there. (teach her to eat in front of me, lol)
The staff, Hospital, and Dr Joya were wonderful.  I have been a nurse now 30 yrs and I have only wonderful things to say about everything.
I am already down 9 lbs. Yeah!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/09 12:38 pm
VSG on 04/06/09 with
Congratulations.......I am looking around for the "right" surgery and surgeon out there.  Strangely, I automatically disregard any surgeries in Mexico.  Maybe I am a spoiled Canadian, with our healthcare here,  so I am pleased to see a GOOD Post on the topic. 

Can I ask....how you chose your Dr?

Thanks...Jane
nillie
on 1/27/09 12:27 am
I chose Dr Joya because of personal referrals.  One of the nurses I work with had decided to have it done and one of our local Dr we work with was going to be vacationing there at the the same time.   He went and meet Dr Joya, I believe he was present at the surgery, not sure on that fact, but he had nothing but good words for him.  Since then another girlfriend of mine went and has excellent results also. 
The ease of it all was also a plus.  You call Gerald, he helps set the date, the tickets, the hotel etc.  If you go to Mexico, plan on a few days to enjoy it also.  I did, I want to go back again and again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views