Surgery Date is January 21, 2009.........The Nay sayers are here!

Sweetazzhoney35
on 1/5/09 9:05 am - District Heights, MD
My Surgery date is set! I am so Happy! The Nay Sayers make me feel down a little, They have allot to say about the surgery being in Mexico and the first thing they say is I'm gonna pray for you....... No matter where my surgery is I need Prayer! I just need a little support and encouragement right now that's all I ask. I just wanted to vent a little.
queenfairy
on 1/5/09 9:17 am - midland, TX
RNY on 02/17/09 with
Wonderfull!!! yeay for you ...all will be all right if it was not mean to be and the Lord did not wanted this for you he would not have taken you this far.!  am so exited too i wish i could be your surgery buddy...(all i need is to set the date) but am still waiting for my passport..and finish getting my money together !!! yeay for us keep us posted and of course prayers all aroud!
Sweetazzhoney35
on 1/5/09 9:25 am - District Heights, MD
Thank You! Well I can't wait for you too set your date! I was in the same boat as you I was waiting to get my passport and get the rest of my money together and everything fell into place and it will do the same for you!
Celebritycece H.
on 1/5/09 10:03 am
Congratulations will keep lifted in prayer, so happy for ya!
wannabhealthy45
on 1/5/09 10:53 pm - Canada
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I too had my surgery in Mexico.  Not with your doc, but still, in Mexico.  I along with a group of 7 and I know many that went before me and many after.  It was awesome and I would not change it for the world.  Of course there will be nay sayers for pretty much anything.  Anything that is different from what they did..and that's ok :).  My first impression/reaction was....Mexico??  No flippin way, but once I did some investigation etc., I thought...not a darn thing wrong with going to Mexico...In my opinion that is.  Honestly, the clinic I went to was beautiful.  Kleen, very modern, great reception from docs and nurses.  The reception area looked just like a spa.  I think you will have a great experience and like the person earlier said, if it wasn't meant to be...it wouldn't be.

Go in with a positive attitude and make sure you have your post op care back home set up and make sure you have researched what to expect and you will come through all this with flying colours!!!

May 2009 be your happiest and healthiest year ever!!!  Take care and keep us posted!

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

iluvmy4blessings
on 1/11/09 7:00 am
How do you set up post up care? I am considering doing a self pay on this surgery, but my health insurance will not cover it.  So I'm assuming that means they won't cover my post up care either or any complications? That is my most major concern at this time to be hoenst.
Lisey
on 1/13/09 2:49 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
You should call your ins company & ask them, but they probably won't.  That's what my ins company told me & I have read that a lot of doctors will not see a patient if they've travelled to Mexico for WLS b/c they don't want to "take the risk/liability".  Perhaps it's also their way of trying to ensure that others who want WLS & hear of this practice will also decide that the $$ saved is not worth it - protect the business??  Maybe I'm just being too cynical!

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

nicmic9901
on 1/14/09 1:12 pm - Arlington, TX
I had the VGS in Mexico and I had no problems. The only main problem with the VGS is leakage and they are not going to let you leave Mexico untill you are ok to leave.
hope that helps
michele
Sweetazzhoney35
on 1/6/09 7:51 am - District Heights, MD
Thank you sooo much!
Gracies
on 1/6/09 12:18 am
First of all congratulations!  This is such an exciting time and I hope you enjoy each and every day of the excitement and anticipation of this part of your journey.

People fear what they don't understand and people don't understand... a lot!!  Most of us are brought up with this "US number 1!" attitude and we have it pounded into our heads that healthcare anywhere else is horrible and barbaric.  It's a completely ridiculous notion and yet that is what most people are taught therefore that is what they believe.  Unless they have need and actually sit down and do the research and educate themselves to the fact that good healthcare can be found in many places around the globe then they remain ignorance.  Ignorance breeds fear and you are experiencing the effects of that ignorance. 

It's so wonderful that you have people in your life who clearly love and care for you and wish you only the best.  When they make comments that seem negative perhaps you can choose to see the love they have for you instead of anything negative.  They love you and they are scared.  I imagine if you were having your surgery in the US they would be making comments like "can't you just go on a diet to lose weight?  Surgery is too risky just to lose a few pounds" and that sort of thing.  They would be scared of something because the surgery in and of itself is scary.   But my best advise for you is to not let them upset you or rattle you or bring you down in any way.  Instead try lifting them up.  Tell them with a smile that you know they are scared for you and you appreciate their love and prayers so very much.  Give them a hug and then don't talk about it anymore.  Don't allow discussion about your decision.  The decision is made.  It's over and done and no one else gets a vote.  Just accept their love, reassure them that you made a good decision and that you appreciate their prayers and support.  Sometimes the people who are supposed to be there to support us need more love and support than we do, lol! 

Congrats again!!  You are going to be just fine.  They will be too. 

********************* Don't go to Tijuana whatever you do*******************

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views