Going with Dr Joya for my revision

Felix P.
on 1/3/09 9:42 am - French Settlement, LA
RNY on 02/03/09 with

I was sleeved on April 17th, 2007 in Baton Rouge Louisiana. My sleeve was not made small enough. I am hoping that Dr Joya can just tighten up my sleeve but will go with the bypass if he determines that is the safest course to take. I have about $4000 saved so far. I'm hoping for a surgery date in March if my funding and work schedule will cooperate.

I was able to go back to work one week post-op after my original VSG. If I get the bypass, I know that's not going to happen.

Felix

VSG to RNY

Nicki H.
on 1/4/09 2:26 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Dr Joya is great!  You will love your experience down in PV!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

archman
on 1/8/09 7:35 pm

Dr. Joya performed my RNY and I went back to work on the monday after I came back from PV.   At the time, I could only get one week off of work.  Everyone has to set his own pace.  I did not have any problems going back on the Monday after I came back from PV.  Best of luck.  Archmann

Felix P.
on 1/8/09 9:14 pm - French Settlement, LA
RNY on 02/03/09 with
Thanks Archman.
I almost have all the financing in order. I hope to be calling on Monday to see what I have to do to set a date. ie. deposit

Felix
banditto
on 1/14/09 12:45 pm - Canada
Hello
Felix do you know what type of  bouge was use in your vsg, can you determine your  pouch size thank you. Banditto
Felix P.
on 1/14/09 5:57 pm - French Settlement, LA
RNY on 02/03/09 with
The doc said he used a 34F bougie. I ask him he snugged up tight against the bougie when he dissected my stomach ***crickets chirping*** He never answered this question. He must have used a 1 1/2" diameter PVC pipe as the bougie....

My stomach capacity is well over 16 ounces. Exact size is unknown to me.

I have my flight confirmation to fly out of Baton Rouge Jan 2nd with surgery the next day. yea!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views