Please help!!!

on 12/30/08 11:12 am - Panama City, FL

Hello All!  I am thinking about going to Puetro Vallara to Dr. Joya for the RNY surgrey.  I don't want to go by myself, but I don't want to ask someone to come with me just to sleep in the hospital while I am there.  I am scared... Can someone please go with me?  Maybe if someone will have their surgrey around the same time as me we could support each other? Please let me know what you think.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Gracies
on 1/1/09 9:54 am
May I ask why you don't want to ask a friend or family member to go with you?  I think surgery buddies are great for support but it's really nice to have a healthy person who is not recovering from major surgery with you to help you out.  A surgery buddy can't really do much for you as they are healing and needing help themselves.  You may be surprised to find that there are people in your life who would love to go with you even if just for a couple of days.  Something to think about anyway.  Whatever you decide I wish you well. 

********************* Don't go to Tijuana whatever you do*******************

wiggy
on 1/2/09 12:57 pm
ask someone to go with you.  don't go alone.  it would have been impossible for me to recover as quickly if i were by myself.  and the support is immeasurable.  two post-ops would not be able to help each other physically.  mentally, yes, but physically, no.  i hope you can get someone you can trust to go with you.  and it is really not bad in the hospital with dr. joya and his team...soon you will be out and at the resort with all the amenities it provides.  good luck and keep us posted!
Chris D
on 1/4/09 2:20 pm - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
I went alone in October.  I met the most incredible people while I was there.  Nathalie introduced me to the people who had surgery a few days before me and also after me.  She knew I was alone and nervous but she made me feel so comfortable and welcome.  The lady who had surgery one day after me will be a friend for life.  We did laps together, and talked and enjoyed the few days at the hotel after surgery.  I think we were a "meant to be".  We were all at different stages of recovery and each person helped the next.  It was like a right of passage to take the person after you into Walmart to get bandages and drugs.  lol.  If you don't have someone with you, you can do it.  Everyone is so nice.  I was nervous but it was the most incredible experience for me. Don't worry...  they take incredible care of you.  Read my profile if you want any more information.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views