Dr. Mario Almanza, Emmanuel Hospital Tijuana

easytexan
on 3/10/10 2:15 am - New Braunfels, TX
Hi don't be nervous.  Dr Mario Almanza is wonderful.  Dr Betancourt is the president of the organization.  He does not do the surgeries.  I have lost 78 pounds and I have had some dumplings which most recently cause me to be anemic.  Take Care!

charchar
on 3/10/10 5:18 am
Hi, Thank you for replying. Did you have what they call fatty liver before surgery? I think most of us do.. That worries me a little. I've been cutting back on food with calories, carbs & fat for 2 weeks and surgery is in 4. But I have only lost 5lbs! I am not looking forward too the 7 day liquid diet and only pray I can follow it.
Can you tell me what little things to pack that I will definitely need. They told me to bring gas-x. I don't know what is allowed on the plane. I know liquid is strict I guess I'll our shampoo/conditioner in a small container or something.  Any tips you could give me would be so helpful I don't ant to get over there and not have a necessity that would make things easier.
My husband is going also. I want him to be comfortable and have stuff to snack on he loves chips and candy. He is skinny LOL. Is there a place to purchase these without going off the premises. And bottled water. Please if you have time can you make a list of stuff that you can remember that was so important that maybe you wished you had when you were there and didn't?
I have looked at the airlines and the whole thing intimidates me! I guess I'm going to have to have someone else help me with that to. I had no idea it was going to cost almost $1000 to fly from Arkansas!!!!!
Much thanks for any help..... Charlotte.. C
Sharonjean63
on 3/11/10 10:59 pm - Hamilton, TX
Hello,

I'm from Texas also.  I been researching several Drs in Mexico for the VSG. What  helped you on your decision to use Dr Almanza. I've been to Mexico before , but never for any medical procedures. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated to help me make my decison on which Dr to use. I've also considered Dr Alverez.

P.S.
I'm also a native Texan!
easytexan
on 3/12/10 12:17 am - New Braunfels, TX
Hi , I decidde to go with this group of doctors because I had been in contact with them for 2 years.  I asked alll the necessary questions and I liked the cost that they gave me.  The patient representative that I had was very helpful and anytime I had questions they provided the answers.  Medjourneys also wanted me to go with them but since I had no insurances the cost of the procedure was very important to me.  I had decided on the gastric bypass and up to this day I have no regrets.  You can also contact the US consule and make sure Dr Alamza has not complaints.  The service they provided was wonderful and all the staff treats you with good care.  Post op they have nothing set up so you are by yourself trying to decide what to do after the surgery.  My advise to you is to ask questions from the patient reps and don't decide on the first one that you speak with. 

Take Care,

Jesus Mendoza
New Braunfels, TX
ebtg1219
on 3/10/10 2:27 am
Hi,
I just had surgery with with them on Feb 20. everything was great. the place is clean and the staff does care about you and your health. I can't say anything bad about the stuff. they were always their for me when i had pain or if i wanted something to eat. the doctors are also great. if you need something they are there for you. I have lost 12 since feb 20, 2010. I'm so happy and i know you will be to. Make sure you keep your self clean and take your medication on time. make sure you get your pre op instructions and pills. They gave them to me the next day after i had my surgery. Melissa the lady that booked my trip and surgery is great. she was there for me all the way.
DON'T WORRY it will be OK. I wish you a safe and wonderful trip.

take care,
Katty

chr8303
on 7/17/11 11:05 am - hamer, SC
im great down since jan 28,2010  325 to 191-200 what about you
all4unick
on 3/22/10 8:57 am - Arnold, MO
Just curious is anyone else going on 4/15/10. I am rather scared being 57 & not knowing what to expect.
sfortne
on 2/15/10 11:42 am - Ooltewah, TN
I just returned from gastric sleeve surgery with Dr. Almanza 2-12-10. I was pleased with my care and treatment. Everyone was kind, gracious, and eager to please. I was able to leave only two days after my surgery 2-14 and return home. I have no pain and no hunger. I am sore and tired but that is to be expected. Dr. Betancourt was kind, gracious, funny, and a wonderful host. 
S. Fortner
tengibbs
on 3/7/10 5:22 am - New Haven, CT
Thanks for sharing your success!! I am so glad things went well for you..I wish you wonderful healing..
pattycake
on 3/7/10 12:04 pm - macon, GA
i'm supposed to go to this hospital for some lipo with dr. lara.  how was your experience there?  i am a little scared and anxious.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views