Dr. Mario Almanza, Emmanuel Hospital Tijuana

d7layman
on 12/18/08 12:27 am
Anyone here hear of Dr. Almanza or Emmanuel Hospital in Tijuana?
wannabhealthy45
on 12/19/08 4:00 am - Canada
Yes, he did my surgery in July/08.  I have had no problems and I know several other people who have gone to him as well.

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

CHIOMA2011
on 11/11/11 12:22 am - GA
 was it $4500 when you went?
d7layman
on 12/19/08 7:05 am
Thank you so much for your response.  I have also posted the same question on lapband.com and have come upon some rather bizare responses and personal attacks.  I called Lupe who gave me several phone numbers of people who have just had the surgery with Dr. Almanza who have nothing but praise regarding their experiences.  Nice to know there are others!

How has your weight loss gone since your procedure?  Have you had any complications?
Christina W.
on 12/21/08 4:01 am - Buford, GA
Hi there...

I have lapband surgery scheduled  with him on January 12, 2009.  I will let you know how everything goes

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIONkKB/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wIONkKB/weight.png[/img]

Includes 6lbs lost on pre-op    Updated 4/11/09
wannabhealthy45
on 12/21/08 10:37 pm - Canada
Hi...yes, you will hear the good the bad and the ugly.  I guess it's a good thing..then you can make an informed decission...BUT...you really have to go with your gutt and make a decission at the end of it all just for you and what you really feel is right.

I had lapband with Dr. Almanza in July of this year.  I feel great.  No complications ...knock on wood..lol.  I'm down 66 lbs so far.  Keep in mind I have been at a stand still for about a month.  I need a fill and the season has been playing havock with my food choices..lol.  I know in the new year things will pick up.  I have not for a moment regretted my decission.  The people at the clinic are great.  Only thing that I would say was a bit of an issue...and not even a big one is the nurses don't speak much if any english.  Well at least when I was there.  They seem to understand a bit tho.  That could have changed by now...but it wouldn't deter me from going there again.

If you have any questions I don't mind helping if I can.

Best of luck to you both and Happy Holidays!!!

wannabhealthy45
on 12/21/08 10:52 pm - Canada
By the way...when did you post the question on the lapband board.  I would love to read that post if you don't mind....

dammfamily
on 1/16/09 7:04 am - gervais, OR
I had my band placed by Dr. Almanza on 10-10-08 and I have had no problems so far. I had my 3rd fill last Saturday. I wil be going for a Floroscope on 2-2-09 to make sure everything is fine with my placement of the band. The one thing I didn't get when I was there at the clinic was the Floroscope after the surgery if I was you I would request for it so that you have the films to take home with you for a followup with a doctor close by where you live. I have lost 35lbs so far but the weight loss is slow.
Rae
Christina W.
on 1/20/09 1:49 am - Buford, GA
I had my surgery on 1/12 and couldn't be more pleased. Everything was exactly how I expected it, and Dr. Almanza and his staff were truly exceptional. The day after surgery, I was taken to a radiology clinic and was given a copy of my barium swallow to keep for my records. I would definately recommend him to anyone considering the lapband. Please feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Includes 6lbs lost on pre-op    Updated 4/11/09
d7layman
on 1/20/09 2:59 am
Thank you for your reply.  You came in the day I left Emmanuel Medical Clinic.  I had a gastric sleeve on 8th of January and left the 12th.  I too had a wonderful experience (as wonderful as surgery can be) on a daily basis highly recommend this clinic and these wonderful health care professionals to anyone considering weight loss surgery.

I am down over 35 pounds and feel and look wonderful.  Most importantly, I have my health back!  I'm off all my medications (diabetes, hypertension, depression and hyperlipidemia).  Big KUDOS to Dr. Almanza (who is as handsome as talented) and Dr. Betancourt.  They saved my life!

I'm so glad there are people out there willing to post regarding this medical facility.  There have been other people on other web sites who feel the need to speak against this medical facility and doctors without knowing anything about them  GRRRR.... that really irritates me especially since I have been there, done that... and I can honestly say (professionally, I am a nurse) they are wonderful!

Good luck to all on their journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views