Please help!

T S.
on 12/13/08 3:09 am
Living in Ohio I will have to fly to get my surgery. I have never been on a plane or in an airport and am kinda freaked about getting lost, lost luggage, missed connections etc. I don't even know how to book a flight! So how did you handle it.? Does the doctors office help with any of this if you use Aceves or Alvarez? I'm more afraid of this than of the surgery!
sperk
on 12/14/08 1:10 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
Dr. Joya staff will take care of everything for you. Nothing for you to do but sit back and relax.
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/28/08 2:58 am
if you are actually afraid of flying that is a different matter but the rest of it is mostly annoying. and expensive, so book as soon as you can.

you can book flights yourself through the airlines or have a travel agent do it. it's really easy, trust me. I don't recommend sites like travelocity - I've had a bad experience and dealing directly with the airlines turned out to be the same price. I've used travel agents and it's a breeze.

if you need to make a connection just make sure there is plenty of time. don't check luggage: just bring a carry-on. the less you bring the better.

seriously, it's easy.

pick an airport you can drive to and find their website - then you find out what airlines they have and google them. once you have your surgery date you buy a ticket online. it's almost too easy! and once you are goal weight you can use your new skill to book a flight somewhere fun!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views