Mexico...in the news tonight

Alisa Sheets
on 12/9/08 11:11 am - Lott, TX
tonights news.....

TIJUANA, Mexico (Reuters) – Gunmen are deliberately killing innocent people with random shootings at bars, restaurants and shopping malls in the city of Tijuana in a new scare tactic that takes Mexico's drug war to new depths.

Hit squads have killed at least 50 people, including around 10 children, since October in an escalation of violence in public places that security officials say is akin to terrorism.

fiong1228
on 12/9/08 12:42 pm - Alameda, CA

I saw the news too, it's very very scary!!!

Fiona

mrsbu
on 12/10/08 2:28 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
The tijauna area has been bad for a long time now and was the major reason that I had my surgery in Puerta Vallarta, in addition to quality of the surgeon I was also concerned about the safety of my hubby and my self
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

Nicki H.
on 12/17/08 12:27 pm - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
mrsbu:  I chose PV for the same reason.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Gracies
on 12/19/08 7:14 am
That is SO scary!!  I remember my first trip to TJ in Jan 07 for my first round of ps at Cosmed we went to the grocery store and I nearly lost it when the entire strip mall was crawling with police with machine guns!!  They were outside the store, walking through the parking lot, and inside the store.  The woman I was with (who ran the recovery house I was staying at) was like "Oh, it's nothing.  Just some recents drug problems..."  Holy cow that really scared me.  And this was before things got bad!!  I still think it's relatively safe if you just go and have surgery and go back home.  Unnerving news though that's for sure.

********************* Don't go to Tijuana whatever you do*******************

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views