Been Awhile - Update

lisaweisenbach
on 11/1/08 7:19 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
Its been awhile since I ventured over to this board.
Its been 7 1/2 months since I got my VSG from Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta.
Its been a rough time, Ive had great days and bad days...and some in betweens.. its been a stuggle most days...just trying to find a good balance with my eating plan.
Ive lost 87 lbs thus far. I know I could have lost more, but Im happy to have lost the 87 lbs. I feel so much better than I did b4 surgery. Ive had so many great things happen since.....so many awesome things I can do now..that I hadnt been able to do in so many yrs..
Ive gone down at least 2 sizes in shirts and pants. I am even wearing a pair of jeans now....I never thot I would wear jeans again. They feel so odd on my body lol
I love my Sleeve....even with all my ups and downs.
I am so thankful for Dr. Joya for doing my surgery... we both knew it was risky with the high BMI that I had...but he did it and Im so happy about that..
Anyone contemplating going to Mexico....Im here to tell you that its worth it....of course, that depends on which doctor u go to....I can only tell about Dr. Joya...from personal experience.. He is great.
=)

1divaatheart
on 11/9/08 12:06 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 09/02/08 with
I don't venture to the Mexico board very often anymore.  I saw your post.  It sounds like you're doing great!  Me? Other than a bout of constipation I'm doing fine.  Just trying to get in all the protein, vitamins, fiber, etc...

Have a very good week!

Janet
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views