Dr. Mario Alberto Almanza Reyes

Alisa Sheets
on 10/30/08 6:17 am - Lott, TX
Dr. Mario Alberto Almanza Reyes~~~~ anyone know him, or went to him?
sperk
on 10/30/08 11:56 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
If you are thinking about going to Mexico do not have the Lap-Band done there. You need way to many follow up visits in fact lap-band would be at the very bottom of any list of wls to have.
wannabhealthy45
on 11/5/08 11:00 pm - Canada
I went there to have my lapband done.  I'm very pleased with it and was with the clinic and doctor as well.  I believe it is a very personal choice on which surgery to have.  Just make sure you do a lot of research and yes, make sure you have someone in your area that can do fills for you, but don't listen to others opinions...make your own.

Best of luck to you with your decission!! :)

Band 7/13/08-419.5 lbs  VSG 9/3/09-346 lbs  DS 3/7/11 - 315 lbs   CW: 197

Skinny-me
on 11/17/08 12:47 pm - Sierra Madre, CA

How does one go about conducting research on Dr. Almanza beyond the internet?  His lap band package is the best deal, his certificates are posted on his website, but, he seems to be the only doctor I'd read only two reviews on (very good reviews).  Nothing negative.  I'd like to dig deeper.

I'm scheduled for lap band surgery in mid-December with Dr. Almanza....still enough time for more research.  I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

The coordinators, these sites refer us to, speak poorly of doctors they don't represent (kick-backs) I'm sure.  One warned me that Dr. Almanza's fee is too low, that I need to check if he's caused DEATHS!!!  WHAT???  She then became kurt with me and said, "Whatever!!  Good Luck".

I check blogs and forums and am now suspicious that some of the posters are actually just coordinators scaring people and vying for their kick-backs.

I'll post my picture as soon as I figure out how to do it in order to assure people that I'm legit.

I really need to know how can I check Dr. Mario Alberto Almanza Reyes' Medical/Surgical history, disciplinary action, malpractice lawsuits, anything other than blogs and his many websites.  Here in the states, we have the AMA.  What public records organization can I check in Mexico?

Anyone reading this who is willing to give me and many others information is greatly appreciated.

lily528
on 11/19/08 6:24 am - gainesville, TX

I am considering Dr. Almanza as well to do my surgery but I want to have the RNY. I called and talked to them ( a Lucy Cardenas) and they seemed very knowledgable and the health questionaire they emailed is quite detailed but I would definitely like to find someone who has had this procedure done by him.
Thanks !

ekandi
on 12/12/08 12:09 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi!!  Did you get it done with him?  If so please give out some details.  I feel the same way as you.  His price is competetive and he looks legit.  Maybe he is just a young guy starting out.  I would love to know more about Dr Alberto Almanza Reyes to make sure its not a scam!  Thanks!!
cmrizzuto
on 7/18/09 10:24 am

Hello I read your post and am having the lap-band done on August 10th 2009. I was wondering how your precedure went.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 8:45 am
Hello, I see that you were scheduled in August of this year. Did you go through with the lap-band with Dr. Almanza-Reyes? If so, how did it go? I am looking to have the VSG with him in the next month or 2. His prices are way low and that is a bit of a concern of mine.
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/09 8:48 am
I see that you posted last year (2008), did you get the information you were looking for? How did things turn out?

I am looking to schedule with Dr. Amanza by the end of this year, but I would like to get more information as you did. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.
etimpinay
on 1/19/10 6:23 pm, edited 1/19/10 6:24 pm - Renton, WA
ok, this is exactly where i am at.  i am scheduled with alvarez but he is twice the price.  i am getting sleeved.  both of these coordinators seem legit.  did u go ahead with it, if so with who?  please i need help ....if you remember what its like 
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views