Dr Joya's Rooms

Brooke B.
on 10/23/08 1:47 am - GA
Revision on 04/07/14 with
Hey Guys,

The hubby adn I are set to go to PV next month.  I am wondering what to expect out of the rooms.  My parents are going with us, is there place for them in each room?  Is there internet?
Air Conditioning?  How are the bathrooms?  Do you have photos?

Thanks!

VSG Date:  November 26, 08
Weight Starting Diet: 273
Lowest Weight: 159      T
otal Weight Loss: 114lbs

Heading back For Revision April 8, 2014

Starting Weight - 228

Dee08
on 10/23/08 5:04 am
VSG on 09/01/08 with

Congratulations to you and your husband on your decision!  I had my Lap VSG on Sept. 1st with Dr. Joya.  You don't need to worry about a thing.  The rooms are excellent.  They cleaned and I mean cleaned my room twice a day, every day!  I was very impressed.  There is a couch in each room for a guest and they will even bring them lunch if you ask.  Each room has its own setting for air conditioning so we can set it as you please.  I don't know about the internet but Gerald could probably answer that for you.  There are also pictures on Dr. Joya's site if you have not seen them.  Also each room has a TV with many English speaking channels.  One thing that stuck in my mind...  I was coming back from my first walk and I noticed on my Kleenx box on my bedside table, they had taken the first kleenex and made a flower out of it and set it on top of the box.  It was so pretty and it brightened my day.

I went to PV alone and made it just fine.  While you are walking the halls you will meet several other patients who are going through the same thing you are and you will see them again at the hotel.  Relax and enjoy your trip!

Good luck to you and you husband.

Dee
sperk
on 10/23/08 11:21 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
Yes there is internet at the hospital and resort.
Chris D
on 10/23/08 2:05 pm - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
I just got back from my October 1st surgery.  It was the most incredible experience.  From the moment I stepped into the hospital I felt I was important and was very well taken care of.  I met 3 people who had the surgery a few days before me so we were all in it together.  We had us a Convoy going up and down the hallways  lol.  There is a beautiful lil deck that you can go out to sit in the sun.  It is wonderful in the morning.  The nurses were incredible, the floors in the hallway and the rooms were spotless.  You could have eaten off them.  Dr. Joya was so gentle and understanding and wonderful.  I was alone and rather nervous but they all made me feel so comfortable.   The Drs came to visit me daily and then again at the resort.  The lady who had surgery one day after me and I have become incredible friends. 
I have all sorts of lil tips for you if you want to email me. 

Laura the Future
Pin-up

on 10/26/08 3:11 am - Edmonton, Canada
RNY on 07/27/07 with
I just want to add something to the other comments about the internet ... The is internet at the resort but ONLY at the internet cafe - you need to pay for it.
HW: 366, SW: 342, GW: 165, Maintaining at: 185 (No longer tracking weight loss. Pregnant and due May 1, 2011!)

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them.

EMILIE B.
on 10/26/08 7:55 am - OH
RNY on 10/02/08 with
I went to PV by myself. From the time I got off the plane, I knew I was in good hands.  I went directly to the hospital.  It is not a general hospital but a very specific hospital so it isn't big but it's very modern and quite nice.  There was a balcony on our floor that the patients would gather and talk. It was so great! Natalie, the nutrionist greeted me and immediately introduced me to other people who just had surgery. 
    The rooms were very clean. The bathrooms were spacious. There was a couch but I wouldn't consider it to be too comfortable to sleep on if you are tall or overweight. One of the women who was there had her husband staying there. It was pretty uncomfortable for him. I do have a couple pictures of the room. I'll try to get them to ya!
 What I loved about meeting people who also had surgery, is I could ask questions about progress wtih people who were going through it at the same time.We would meet for breakfast at the hotel and wait for the doctor to visit us.  I have become dear friends with one gal. She's been a great accountability partner.
 The rooms had great air conditioning in the hospital and at the hotel. I had a lap top and was able to use it in my room at the hospital and at the hotel. My signal was low but it picked up just fine. There is a computer in the foyer of the hotel and there was never a line. It is free. I used it a couple of times before I realized mine worked in my room.

M~L~E   
    237/133/130  rny date  10/02/2008

Chris D
on 10/26/08 12:32 pm - Prince Rupert, Canada
RNY on 10/01/08 with
yup yup yup, daily contact with Alwayzpraiz is a MUST for me now.  She keeps me smiling.  She makes me laff.  Dr. Joya (and crew) not only gave me a new beginning, but they also blessed me with an incredible friend to share the journey with. 

toothfairy.mitchell
on 10/28/08 4:31 am
VSG on 06/30/08 with
I am so excited for you! I had my surgery on June 30th, and I already miss it there. It is so beautiful, and we had the best time...even considering I had surgery!! LOL! Everything is taken care of for you and everyone is so nice. The transistion back into the states will hit you like a ton of bricks!! LOL! Computers worked fine in the room. We used a friends that had Skype on their computer and was able to talk to everyone at home for free!! Bathrooms were fantastic, beds were firm but if you ask they will bring you foamy mattress pads that help! HAVE FUN!!!
lisaweisenbach
on 11/1/08 1:29 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
I have pics of PV on my profile...theres a link in the About Me section...that leads to those pics. I only got 1 or 2 of the hospital room...but several of the hotel room and surroundings.
Each room has 2 Queen beds and a cpl of chairs. I love the bathroom..huge shower..its so nice. and everything is pretty...the floors are marble or something like that..its not carpeted like most hotels are.
Yes theres AC and heat in each room..u can adjust it inside the room like other hotel rooms..
Yes theres internet, but we found that some rooms dont have good signals...the lobby  has good reception if u want to take a laptop down there some times.
Good luck and congratulations on going to Dr. Joya.. He is a really nice man...everyone down there was really nice. We really want to go back sometime for a real vacation.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views