Dr. Alvarez hospital....is it ok?

agreene
on 10/9/08 12:52 pm - Missouri City, TX
I am days away from booking my sleeve and I've narrowed it down to two surgeons: Dr. Guillermo Alvarez or Dr. Alberto Aceves.  From the research I've done both are excellent doctors and I've yet to read any negative comments from their clients.  Dr. Alvarez's location is much more convnient for me, in fact I wouldn't even have to get on a plane.  With Dr. Aceves I'm looking at a 3.5hr flight home.  My question though, is how is the hospital that Dr. Alvarez operates at?  The surgical coordinator was very honest and told me upfront that the hospital is like stepping back in time and it is old.  I appreciate her honesty, but that worries me. The facility in Mexicali for Dr. Aceves looks beautiful and I've read clients describe it as a spa.  Anyone that has had their surgery with Dr. Alvarez I would sure appreciate your comments on the hospital. 
Thanks everyone!
Aysha
Kristin B.
on 10/9/08 8:56 pm - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
Many people on the VSG board have used Dr Alvarez or Dr Aceves- you will get many more responses if you post over there.

Dr Alvarez does operate in an older hospital- reminded me of an old VA hospital-
I know a few people have been unhappy with the facility/staff but were still very pleased with Dr Alvarez

I have heard nothing but good about Dr Aceves and his facility.

Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
DiDi55
on 10/24/08 6:50 am - GA
VSG on 09/15/08 with
Did you make a decision?  I am 5 weeks post-op with Dr. Alvarez.  The hospital was old, but they worked very hard to keep it clean.  I had NO complaints and so far NO complications.  I knew from speaking with another VSG'r that the facility was a little out dated.  But felt that the doctor's record was more important - than the facility. 

ohcardsmdi.jpg picture by lynnca1972

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views