Band Prices? What DR?

mamy
on 9/19/08 2:53 pm
 Husband interested in Band.  What are the prices in Mexico and any doctor referrals....

Highest Weight                  217
Day of Surgery                          213
Current                                              180
Goal                                                          130

43 pounds and 50 inches lost!!!!....as of 8-30-10. I have re-gained 6 lbs for a net loss of 37 lbs.
aprox 7 ccs in a 9 cc Realize Band
Date of Surgery                  September 30, 2008
sperk
on 9/22/08 9:46 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
If you are going to Mexico forget the band and get the sleeve. You snip it and forget it unlike a baby sitting job you have with the band.
Nicki H.
on 9/22/08 12:11 pm - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Dr Armondo Joya Band is $8000 all inclusive.  He's in Puerto Vallarta

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

maitri
on 10/3/08 4:41 am
On September 19, 2008 at 9:53 PM Pacific Time, mamy wrote:
 Husband interested in Band.  What are the prices in Mexico and any doctor referrals....

Hi: I had the sleeve en feb but my sister had the lap band the same day she paid only $6500 dlls and it inlcude all, transportation, hotel, surgeons fee, etc.
I guess that almost every body is the same price at mexico, well at least in Tijuana they are. But keep looking for a good doctor adn one with credential in the US too.
If you need more info go to Dr. Pompa she was my surgeon, I don't recomend to go with a coordinator, unless you want to pay more, Im her patient and did my research by my self.
Good luck and hope that you can find a nice surgeon too.

Alessa

Alisa Sheets
on 10/30/08 4:29 am - Lott, TX
On October 4, 2008 at 11:52 PM Pacific Time, our4boys wrote:
On October 3, 2008 at 11:41 AM Pacific Time, maitri wrote:
On September 19, 2008 at 9:53 PM Pacific Time, mamy wrote:

Hi: I had the sleeve en feb but my sister had the lap band the same day she paid only $6500 dlls and it inlcude all, transportation, hotel, surgeons fee, etc.
I guess that almost every body is the same price at mexico, well at least in Tijuana they are. But keep looking for a good doctor adn one with credential in the US too.
If you need more info go to Dr. Pompa she was my surgeon, I don't recomend to go with a coordinator, unless you want to pay more, Im her patient and did my research by my self.
Good luck and hope that you can find a nice surgeon too.

Alessa

This group is offering the lap band for $5,500.  Mexicoweightlosssurgery.com  I recommend that you call and ask lots of questions and then decide.

I just spoke to the lady at the above link & asked her TONS of questions & I am going to go there for my lapband!
cctex
on 10/7/08 8:00 am - Pharr, TX
I can recommend a team of Doctors out of Monterrey. The do the banding, the gastric sleeve and Rny, whatever the best surgery for you. Their cost are about the same for what the other people are telling you. The difference is that I personaly know the Obesity surgeon and know many people that have done wonderful after their surgery.  Let me know if you want any more info, send me a message.  Good luck!
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/3/08 5:44 pm
Friends shouldn't let friends get the band.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views