HOW MUCH DID YOUR SURGERY COST?

Rodney McCaleb
on 9/8/08 11:50 am - Trinity, TX
 I was just curious as to how much you paid for your surgery in Mexico.  Include what type you had and whether it included transportation.  Thanks!
liveinphx
on 9/8/08 1:34 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I had my  VSG surgery with Dr Francisco Contreras in Tijuana on 6/27/08.
My cost was $8600 whi*****luded everything except RT fare to San Diego. I live in Phx so I think that was less than $100 round trip though I don't recall for sure.
My surgery and recovery could not have gone better.
As another poster says
"You can argue with me but you can't argue with my results"
Nicki H.
on 9/8/08 3:03 pm - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I had LapBand in Puerto Vallarta with Dr Armondo Joya.  Total price was $8000 whi*****luded RT from Seattle to PV, taxi to the hospital, pre op blood work and EKG, surgery, hospital, one night in hospital and one night at a 5 star resort on the water.  No hidden fees what so ever.  Facilities were amazing, care was probably better then in the states(and I am a nurse).  Everything went great. Oh it also included having one of the surgeons visit me at the hotel to make sure everything was ok.  Oh forgot too...pain meds and antibiotics.
Would highly recommend if your insurance won't cover it for you.

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Kristin B.
on 9/8/08 9:00 pm - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
I had VSG with Dr Alvarez- it was 10K all inclusive
if you want more info- www.endobariatric.com

I used frequent flyer miles so saved on air fare

Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
funnygirl140
on 9/10/08 9:36 am
RNY on 10/20/08 with
I am scheduled to have RNY surgery with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta in October for $12,500...the price includes air fair, hospital, surgeon, and all other hospital and surgery fees, hotel (at a very nice resort).  You stay 9 days in PV... 1st day you stay at the resort, next 4 days you stay at the hospital, and then you stay 4 more days at the resort.
Julianisky
on 9/10/08 2:34 pm
OK, I had the Lap RNY is called,  and I paid  $12,500 everything was included except R/T to San Diego airport,  but I was back home by day 5.
I stayed in a hotel by the pier where the cruise ships dock.

J.S.
Brooke B.
on 10/17/08 7:54 am - GA
Revision on 04/07/14 with

The hubby and I are having VSG with Dr Joya in 45 days and we are paying 10,500 each.  10,000 is the cost for all hospital and surgeon fees, roundtrip air fare from Atlanta, 4 days in an ocean front all inclusive 5 star resort.  The extra 500 an optional insurance.  If Dr Joya opens us up and finds a hernia or there is any other complication he will repair it with no extra fees.  I just like the reassurance that I will not wake up to a $10,000 bill.

Good luck with your decision.

VSG Date:  November 26, 08
Weight Starting Diet: 273
Lowest Weight: 159      T
otal Weight Loss: 114lbs

Heading back For Revision April 8, 2014

Starting Weight - 228

BlueEyes30
on 12/3/08 10:02 pm - Haughton, LA
My husband and I flew to Bogota, Columbia together.  It was great pricing,  and here is the web site to review.  www.affordablebariatrics.com

There is live help and that is Dr Silva that you will speak directly with.  Please review the web site and you will see the price, what is all included and be surprised.  My husband said, if he knew that things were that good I could have gone alone.  Not to mention, if your gall bladder came back to be bad, they removed it for nothing.  Another lady had something wrong with her eye and they did not charge her anything extra to repair it.  Forgot her name.  If you check the pictures, I am the one that has orange shirt, black pants, white tennis shoes before and the after shot is with a black and white top with black pants.  I still keep in touch with my surgeons and the care you recieve is far astronomical.  My tour guide was excellent too.

I am now researching plastics in mexico.  Good luck to you.

Staying Focused leads to success!!  Beginning: 345, Current: 163, Goal: 140-130

steph071276
on 12/9/08 5:59 am - oakdale, LA
I went to the Banjor Obesity Center (www.bajanor.com) in Tijuana on 10/23/08 I had lap band surgery. Facility was nice and staff was really nice and helpful, its not like a full fledge hospital, but I'm very happy.  It cost me $6,500.00 for everything (flight, NICE hotel, and hospital accom., pain meds) they picked us up at the airport and gave us transportation to place and hotel my sister went with me for moral support and we had to pay her ticket also but so far I am quiet happy with the whole experience.

6 and 1/2 weeks since surgery - 30 lbs lost
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views