goddessofthelight
on 9/12/08 12:49 am - Klamath Falls , OR
Dr. Jorge Alejandro Vázquez Carpizo
Hospital Angeles de Querétaro
Bernardino del Razo 21-230
Col. Ensueño C.P. 76230 Qro., Qro
liveinphx
on 9/12/08 6:50 am - Phoenix, AZ

Sorry but I have never heard of him. Where in MX is he and which hospital does he use?
I had my sleeve done in MX with Dr Francisco Contreras and he generally uses Hospital Angeles.

elizabethW
on 9/13/08 12:45 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 08/08/08 with
Nope, not the same hospital although they have the same name. Queretao is more in the center of MX, near Guanajuato.  So how did you hear of this surgeon?? And how much do you know about him?  How much is the surgery and what does it include?  Inquiring minds want to know!!
liveinphx
on 9/13/08 4:07 am - Phoenix, AZ

I knew I was talking about 2 different cities. Hospital Angeles, so far as I know, are in several different cities in MX and are generally American owned by a group that has figured out that owning hospitals in MX catering, in large part to Americans that come to MX for many different surgeries.

elizabethW
on 9/13/08 4:32 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 08/08/08 with
It doesn't really matter who owns them...you will be operated on my Mexican doctors, in a Mexican hospital with Mexican nurses. It is Mexico, not that that is a bad thing, but I think some medical tourism brokers take this term "American Owned" to the bank, when in fact you have no real evidence that they are in fact "American Owned". I am an American who lives in Mexico and has a business here and I can assure you that the Mexican Gov't would not just let a group of Americans "own" a business here outright. You need Mexican partners.  You doctor may be great, the hospital may be great, but I would be dubious of the claim or inference of better quality with the term "American Owned", because that really has no bearing on what happens to you before of after sugery.
liveinphx
on 9/13/08 10:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
I was not suggesting it was an American RUN hospital, I did not say, that did not mean that was just explaining that I was aware that there was more than one Hospital Angeles in MX.
I was not suggesting that Americans are the sole owners of any hospital in MX. I was not making any connection between American owned hospitals and the quality of surgery or the surgeon.  I did not claim that and I did not infer that. As a matter of fact I had my surgery in MX and it was NOT in an American owned hospital.
elizabethW
on 9/14/08 12:40 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 08/08/08 with
I am sorry I mis-understood, but given your statement of   "are generally American owned by a group that has figured out that owning hospitals in MX catering, in large part to Americans that come to MX for many different surgeries." I am not sure I could come to any other conclusion.   Obviously I have an issue with marketers boasting "American Owned Hospitals" in the ads and marketing material.  If you ask further questions these American Owned Hospitals turn out to be 6 room surgicenters -- not exactly the American Owned Hospital that Americans have in mind. And then there is the fact that do you actually know who owns the hosptial., and if who owns it is relevant.  I see a lot of mis-marketing going on in this very competitive market. I checked out many, many companies before I went with Dr. Joya, and I cannot tell you the amount of brokers who downright lied about things, changed their stories frequently and were pretty much uneducated, inexperienced telemarketers flipping through their book of scripts trying to find an answer to a question.  And we let these people determine our health??  When talking to a broker, be very award that their first responsibility is to say what they need to say to make the sale. Next is what is best for you.
Jennifer W.
on 9/15/08 5:22 am - Kimberly, OR
Hi Goddess,

I am sorry that the other replies seem to have really gotten off your topic. Per your question, I neither have heard of the physician you are inquiring about. Have you checked the other obesity boards online? I suggest getting A TON of information on your surgeon before you make any selections.

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views