Language barrier - cheat sheet

Patty T.
on 9/7/08 3:10 am - Boalsburg, PA
Hi there!

I'm looking for info on common phrases that someone might need to know when having surgery in a country where the language is not their own. A friend on the BMI over 50 board is having her surgery in France (her DH is French) and is new to the language.

I did a search on OH boards and found some references to a cheat sheet that some Mexican clinics provide to patients. Does anyone here have such a list? What phrases are on it?

Thanks in advance!

Kristin B.
on 9/8/08 6:53 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
I sent to your pm
Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
BlueEyes30
on 12/29/08 7:26 pm - Haughton, LA
Would you please send me a cheat sheet of language barrier in mexico please?  I noticed you posted and sent to another lady.

Thanking you in advance,
Elizabeth

Staying Focused leads to success!!  Beginning: 345, Current: 163, Goal: 140-130

Rodney McCaleb
on 9/8/08 9:12 am - Trinity, TX
 Hi, I am having surgery in Mexico next week and would love to have a cheat sheet too!  Could you send me one?  I sure would appreciate it.
Patty T.
on 9/8/08 2:43 pm - Boalsburg, PA
Passed on to YOUR pm!

Nicki H.
on 9/8/08 3:05 pm - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
You should be able to get one from your surgeon.  Where are you having it done?

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

BlueEyes30
on 12/3/08 10:03 pm - Haughton, LA
I would like a cheat sheet too.  I am looking to have plastics there.

Staying Focused leads to success!!  Beginning: 345, Current: 163, Goal: 140-130

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views