Dr Pompa

Diane M.
on 9/6/08 11:30 am - Lakeside, CA
Hi,

Has anyone had Gastric Bypass surgery with Dr. Pompa .

I am considering have bypass surgery with her also was the sugery open or lap.

I just would like to make the right choice I am doing lots of research.

Thanks

Di
brenda2008
on 9/6/08 12:12 pm - Brooks, Canada
Hi

I had lapband surgery by Dr. Pompa @ the Emmanuel Medical Centre in TJ on July 13,2008.

Clinic is very clean and modern - Dr Pompa and her associate doctor are very professional - everything went great - 7 of us had the surgery on the same day and all of us are doing very well - 8 weeks post op.

I do not really know anything about the bypass surgery at that clinic.

My daughter is going on Monday and having the same surgery.  Good luck with your decisions.
brenda2008
on 9/6/08 12:21 pm - Brooks, Canada

Hi

I do not know anything about the bypass surgery by Dr. Pompa but on July 13 she performed my lapband surgery at the Emmanuel Medical Centre in TJ

The clinic is very clean and modern and Dr. Pompa and her associates are very professional.

7 of us had the lapband surgery that day and all of us are doing well.

My daughter is going on Monday for the same surgery.

Good luck with your choices.

brenda2008
on 9/6/08 12:22 pm - Brooks, Canada
sorry - didn't mean to post twice - but I didn't think the first one worked
msak
on 9/7/08 7:00 am - WI
the lady has posted about Pompa in a message about dr conteras below.  the price is cheap for her.  Look at the post below about dr. C and maybe talk to the lady Our Four Boys she said the price is only 9500 for a bypass with dr. pompa.
msdenice
on 9/23/08 3:23 pm - Dalton, GA
I had RNY by Dr Pompa back in April of this yr.  I paid $11,500. That was for everything, airline, hotel and hospital.  I would go back to her all over again, she was wonderful, and her staff too.
smahoney
on 10/24/08 7:19 am
I am looking at Dr. Pompa for vertical sleeve surgery and am having a hard time going to mexico for surgery.  Did everything they tell you before the surgery really come to life at the time of the surgery (like pre and post op tests, english speaking nurses, stay in hotel, etc.)?  Please let me know and let me know how you are doing.

sharon
msdenice
on 10/24/08 8:42 am - Dalton, GA
I loved Dr Pompa.  I would recommend her to anyone, and yes everything  they said to me they lived up to and more.  As far as how I am doing I have lost all the weight that and I wanted to, and more.  My problem now is I don't know how to stop losing.  I have been thinking about calling and talking to Patty about what I need to do in order to stop. I hope this help in you in your decision.  One more thing my son went to her and had Lap Band, and he like me really like her too.

Denise Harrison
Melissa L.
on 12/18/08 11:18 am - Garden Grove, CA
I had open  RNY w/ Dr. Pompa.  To my surprisre it was OPEN surgery. The surgery was in April-08 and I gained 10lbs since my surgery.  Very unhappy with being opened up (although I new it was possible)  and very unhappy my surgery was unsuccessful.  this is my experience thus far, This was revision surgery and I was extremly successsful with my lap band  for 4 years (dr. Ortiz) before it slipped.  Not a satified customer by any stretch.  I am soooo disappointed and cant help but wonder if I picked another dr...would my cir****tances be different????  

This was all my money in my savings account so I am extremly frustrated...
jjordana
on 12/24/08 9:55 am
I am very sorry about your experience Melissa.  There must've been a reason.  I'm surprised that you didn't return to Dr. Ortiz since he did the first surgery.  We just flew home from Tijuana and we had a WONDERFUL experience there from start to finish.  I've been in the administrative side of healthcare for 25 years & have a lot of experience in choosing the right physicians.  To say we were impressed, is an understatement, LIMARP is a first class facility, the personal care we received was second to none, there were no language barriers whatsoever, the professional standards exhibited by the physicians at LIMARP and Dr. Pompa's professionalism, skill, compassionate care, attention to detail and competence in her field left us in awe.  We would not hesitate to recommend LIMARP to anyone.  If anyone has any questions feel free to let me know.  I would be more than glad to share my experiences, from choosing Tijuana to selecting the right physician. Thank you and happy holidays.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views