Dr. Rumbaut

swedadamatalaskane
t

on 9/5/08 3:05 am
Any information about Dr. Rumbaut?  Thanks, Theresa from Alaska.
SarahJ618
on 9/5/08 11:26 am - Canada
Hello,

I had RNY with Dr. Rumbaut on July 2, 2008.  Had a great experience and have some info on my profile if you want to look.  He is great and I recommend him highly.

Sarah

swedadamatalaskane
t

on 9/6/08 1:00 am
Well, thanks for the one reply.  I'm leaving tonight, so no need for anymore feedback.  I was hoping for more; hopefully he isn't terrible!!!  Theresa
Bellina925
on 9/6/08 1:43 am - Margate, FL
He is the Best in Monterrey MX !!! You wont be sorry once you meet him. I had lap-band with Dr Rumbaut in 0n 8-22-05. Check out my story... He is unbelievable & saved me from a huge mistake. Thank God I had done some research on him & knew how to find his office... I am 3 years out & 149 lbs 

1st Fill Oct.13 2cc
2nd Fill Jan.10 1.4cc
3rd Fill Jul.26 .5cc
4th Un-Fill .9cc  Currently 1cc in band  2012 
Sally Rai
 Gastric Lap-Band 8/22/05 Dr. Rumbaut -Monterrey MX
Full TT w/ BA & BL 11/3/06 Dr Krau - Bal Harbor Miami, FL
Scar Revision/ Skin Graft 6/12/07 Dr Krau
2nd Breast Lift / Scar Removal 3/6/08 Dr Krau
Lasik Eye Surgery 11/19/08 Dr Keival (Bascom & Palmer Eye Institute) Miami, FL
 Liposuction  Thighs only ( 2 litters total removed )1/14/10 Dr Strasser Coral Springs, FL

Pending LBL/ Lg Thigh Lift / Lipo Dr Sauceda Monterrey Mx 9/2013 or  10/2013

Brenda Ashcraft
on 9/19/08 1:14 am - Monterrey, Mexico
I was in Dr. Rumbaut's office yesterday and am scheduled for surgery on October 10, 2008.  I live here in Monterrey (Baptist missionaries), and I have been to see 2 different surgeons.  I chose Dr. Rumbaut because of his high recommendation from my primary care doctor here who happens to be a surgeon himself, as well as a family friend.

I will be having the RNY, and would like to have a couple of buddies to chat with about it. 

Please let me know if I can help you in any way about your decision to come to Mexico for surgery. 

Hugs,
Brenda
swedadamatalaskane
t

on 9/19/08 2:51 am
Hi Brenda!  Actually I had my surgery last Thursday and couldn't have been more pleased.  I had the gastric sleeve done due to other health concerns and it is working great.  I'm pleased about the lack of "side effects" (hair loss possibility, supplements and dumping) that this procedure offered me. 

Seventeen pounds so far since 9/7.  I am scheduled to hopefully be approved for my kidney transplant at the end of October. 

Thanks for your reply; feel free to email me. 

Theresa
tylerb
on 9/24/08 2:41 pm
Brenda,
This makes me feel so much better.  I was very concerned but felt I had found the right doctor.  I am scheduled for Oct 22nd.  You have helped to confirm everything I had hoped!
Brenda (also)
baytraci
on 10/8/08 2:45 am - Dundee, FL

I had my surgery with Dr. Rumbaut in March of 2006 and I could not be happier with the results!  I have lost a total of 150lbs and have maintained the weight loss for over a year. Don't get me wrong, I do fluctuate five pounds or so but not enough to have to get a different size in clothes.

Dr. R's staff was wonderful!  I know I would never had gotten the same service here in the US as I did in Mexico!  And I think anyone who has used Dr. Rumbauts services can attest to that!!  And for half the cost!! 

I now do my follow-up here in Florida with my Family Doctor. She does my blood work every three months. She was very happy of my decision and does not have a problem with the fact that I went to Mexico for the surgery. She is awesome!

Please, anyone who has had the surgery or is planning on having the surgery, please.... do your followup. It is very important. I was not taking vitamins like I should and not getting in enough protein and was diagnosed malnurished. I was litterally starving my body to death. I have since started eating more protein. I wish I had done what I was told to from the beginning because I now have very brittle bones (from lack of calcium) and broke my ankle last week after a fall. My doctor had been warning me after my blood tests, Traci, please take your this and take your that and I would say I would and then never do it. Well I am sorry now that I did not listen. I am now on Evista and taking my vitamins and calcium and the good news is, my bones can rebuild. But only if I follow through with her instructions.

I know that sounds like a lot of rambling, but what I am trying to say is, if you lose the weight and you start feeling good, don't think for a second that just because you feel great and your looking great that you don't need to do anything else. Don't stop taking the vitamins and protein. It is a lifetime commitment!  Please!!

I hope everyone does well! 

Hugs

swedadamatalaskane
t

on 10/10/08 3:26 pm
Hello everyone!  It has been a month now and I have lost 28 pounds.  My biggest problem was getting in enough protein with such a limited food intake.  Found a wonderful product at GNC that has 50 grams and actually tastes good.  So that's how I start my day and I feel full of energy. 
So far, so good.  I see the transplant surgeon on the 30th.  Theresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views