Surgery at Cosmed w/ Dr. Quiroz - where to stay?

SusaDia
on 9/16/08 6:00 pm
Robin,

Is the medical rate still $88 per night?  Was it extra for the recliner or the fridge?

I've read several posts and I noticed the rates have been continually rising for the

Hotel Lucerna.  Uggh!

I'm hoping to have a date tomorrow.  I'm going with Dr. Fuentes.  He's Dr. Quiroz's

partner.   I have a friend who highly recommends him.   Thinking maybe I might

have a date for the end of October or  first part of November.  I'm excited.   Dr. Fuentes

will call this morning and we will discuss the possibility of combining surgeries.   I think  I

will have the full face lift with neck lift and the forehead lift and I'm hoping he'll do the

arm lift as well.   Usually they don't combine anything with the facelift. not sure why but

I will ask.   

Robin B.
on 9/16/08 10:31 pm
Good luck with your surgery. I hope you get the date that you want.

The hotel Lucerna is $99 per night (including tax). I think it was $89 pre-tax.

I don't know much about facial surgery but I am getting an arm lift. Get in touch with me after Oct 1 and I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care and best of luck with your procedures.

Robin

Banded - 10.10.07
Starting Weight - 284               Current Weight - 144             Goal Weight - 149

BlueEyes30
on 12/3/08 11:33 pm - Haughton, LA
Have you already had surgery yet?  Did you have a LBL?  I was wondering because I am researching my options.  Please let me know what  you thought of Dr F and his work. 

Staying Focused leads to success!!  Beginning: 345, Current: 163, Goal: 140-130

Robin B.
on 9/22/08 2:09 am
Hi Michelle,

I had a few more questions for you.

Can you give me the names of a few of the drivers that you would recommend? Joyce is going to set a pick up and drop off for us and I'd like to give her a list of drivers we'd prefer.

Also, how much do you typically tip the nurses that come to you at the Lucerna from Cosmed? How about room service delivery people, etc? I don't want to under or over tip people.

Thanks so much, you've been a HUGE help!

Robin

Banded - 10.10.07
Starting Weight - 284               Current Weight - 144             Goal Weight - 149

Eggface
on 9/22/08 2:17 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Hey Robin,

Anytime.

I use Alex  619-829-5354 (from the US)
Cell: 66418880697
[email protected]

I'm local so I take the trolley down, walk across, cab to Cosmed going and use Alex home when I'm full of tubes.

I didn't have Cosmed nurses come.

Room Service $1-2 US Dollars

~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Robin B.
on 9/22/08 2:22 am
Thanks for the info. Someone on here used the Cosmed nurses but I can't remember who. If you have any idea can you let me know. If not, oh well. Thanks again, you've been a great help.

Robin

Banded - 10.10.07

SusaDia
on 9/10/08 11:56 am
Hi Robin...

I wanted to wish you the best of luck and congratulate you as well on the new you.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some info with me I'd so appreciate the help.   I am

considering having a few things done in the next year and I would like to know  prices.

If you don't mind sharing the info.  What prices were you quoted regarding the lbl & the

arm lift?   And were there other costs as well?   After adding everything together what

kind of monies are we talking about?   If you have the time, could you be specific.

I think thats the things I'm mainly concerned about are hidden costs and all the little

things such as: operating room fees, doctors fees, anesthesia, medication, meals, medical supplies, taxis, hotel costs, ect.

Thanks so Much,

Susadia
Robin B.
on 9/11/08 12:00 am
Susadia

These prices are with Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed. I'm not sure how much they very from one person to the next depending on the work in that specific area that needs to be done, ie more skin or fat, etc. But this was what I was quoted:

Surgery #1
Lower Body Lift - $6,000
Arm Lift - $2,500
Lipo to thighs (to help prep for thigh lift) - $800
Facility Fee- $1,000
Anesthesia Fee - $700

Total = $11,000

Surgery #2

Breat lift w/ Augmentation - $2,500
Thigh Lift - $3,000
Facilty Fee - $800
Breat Implants (actaul product) - $1,000
Anesthesia Fee - $500

Total = $7,800

As far as hotel, that is a seperate charge. We are coming from chicago and will be staying for 12 days. We are staying at the Lucerna, it is $99 per night (with tax included). Meals are what you make of them, I've heard that the hotel has restaurants and there is a grocery store close by. I'm going to email the doc about meds because I was wondering that myself if they are included or not. Taxi's I've heard are about $5. But that I'm not sure of. I'm going to do my best to keep close track of everything that I spend for this and then post it on my blog. My surgery is Oct 1. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Eggface has REALLY been helpful too. She had her surgery done with Dr. Q. and ahs a lot of great tips.

Robin

Banded - 10.10.07

bambi_walton
on 4/3/12 12:47 am
 I highly recommend the Lucerna.  I've stayed there several times following my plastic surgery procedures and revisions.  The staff is incredible, most have been there for many years, the restaurants are wonderful (the tortilla soup is the best I've had in Mexico and the US), and the security is great.  Make sure you ask for a quiet room as it can get a little noisy/busy in the hallways during the day as the staff cleans rooms.  Also, they offer a discount for Cosmed patients and provide free shuttle service back and forth.
Eggface
on 9/22/08 2:24 am - Sunny Southern, CA
I just wanted to mention meds aren't included...

What I do... I bring down the good stuff vicodin I get from my PCP and I fill the prescription Dr. Q gives us the night before down in Mex. for the less powerful drugs and antibiotics which run about $100. I take my Vicodin for the first few days and then switch to the Mex. stuff (Tramadol usually.) Mexico doesn't have the heavy duty stuff readily available... lack of rehabs don't want what we have in the states. So if you need the good stuff bring it down. There is a pharmacy across from the Lucerna. BTW.

~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?