Dr Contreras ?

msak
on 8/28/08 2:41 pm - WI
Wondering what you all know about him... Good?  Bad?
liveinphx
on 8/29/08 1:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had my Vertical Sleeve surgery done by him on 6/27/08 and I had a wonderful experience. I found him to be a skilled and experienced surgeon as well as a kind and gentle human being.  I can send you the info on how many surgeries and which surgeries he has done. I don't have it right this minute but PM me and I will send it.
I was very happy with the surgery and the hospital and the level of care I received. The hospital staff was skilled, very attentive and language was not a barrier.
I have had no problems post op and took no pain meds after I left the hospital.
I have been able to get both my proteins and liquids in easily.
Dr C has continued to stay in contact with me and checks in on my progress.
He also spent about 45 minutes on the phone with me explaining what the surgery entailed and why he does what the does. This was before I had sent in any money of even had made a decision that he was the surgeon for me.  That conversation helped make my final decision. His presence on the phone coupled with the information I already had about his experience as a surgeon helped me feel sure that I had made the right choice in surgeons.
Some folks on the boards have bashed him because of who he USED TO be associated with so you may get some feedback related to that.
The bottom line is you have to be comfortable with your choice. I would encourage you to continue asking questions, speak directly to the surgeon before making a decision if you feel that will help you. Good Luck. I am happy to answer any other questions you have.
liveinphx
on 8/29/08 1:20 am - Phoenix, AZ
I forgot to add in my last post that since Dr C does not advertise on OH there are fewer folks that have used him than have used to MD's that do advertise here. I did a lot of research both on and off OH board and discovered many experience, skilled surgeons that are out there.
I found that more folks on OH have used MD's that advertise on OH so those MD's get recommended more.
That does not mean there are not other great, experienced, skilled, compassionate and otherwise great surgeons out there.
Diane M.
on 9/7/08 9:55 am - Lakeside, CA
Hi,

Can you tell me anything about Dr. Pompa I am considering Gastric bypass with her
I am concern about how many bypass she has done and if she did more Lap or open surgery,

Thank you
DI
msak
on 8/30/08 5:24 am - WI
Thanks.. Her surgeon was Dr. C ?
liveinphx
on 8/30/08 7:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
I think the site he referenced is Dr Pompa's site. I do not believe Dr C has a site himself though I believe he may be working on one.
I have contact info on Dr C if you need it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views