Is Anyone Going For Surgery In PV in October?

funnygirl140
on 8/23/08 7:03 am
RNY on 10/20/08 with
Hi all.  I will be in PV October 19th thru October 28th...are there any others that will be having surgery in PV at the same time? 
drhedg01
on 8/30/08 9:07 am - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
If you are going to see Dr. Joya, you will love him. I was there 3 years ago and I still remember my experience VERY clearly. I don't check this board very often anymore, but you will LOVE him. :)
funnygirl140
on 8/31/08 12:59 am, edited 8/31/08 12:59 am
RNY on 10/20/08 with
Yep, Dr. Joya will be my surgeon.  You know that I had never even thought about going to Mexico to have my surgery done until I came to this site.  There were so many people that had gone out of the states to have surgery and they had such fantastic experiences.  I was specifically excited about Dr. Joya, the hospital facilities and of course the stay at a nice resort was just the icing on the cake.  October 26th I will be 38 years old.  I have never been on a plane, never been out of the states, never been to Mexico or stayed at a resort.  With this one trip, I am able to accomplish all of those thinkgs :)

Thanks for your post...this forum isn't very active, but I spend alot of time "lurking" and occasionally posting on the main board.
Nicki H.
on 9/8/08 3:12 pm - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
OMG!!  You will so love everything down there.  I had LapBand done with Dr Joya on Aug 12.  It was great!  You are in very capable hands with him and his associates.  I think I remember you saying you were doing RNY?  One of the docs will come visit you everyday after you get out of the hospital. Make sure and ask the hotel for an egg crate for your bed, and if you can ask for an ocean view room.  AND one last thing....you can barter your prices on just about everything....remembering that will save you money.  Oh...(lots of things to remember)the popcicles in the hotel lobby, they were 260 pesos when we were there....are sooo worth it!!  Coconut was the best if you like that sort of thing.  They are all fresh:)
Keep in touch, I am so excited to see another Dr Joya person on this site:)  Have you been to his support site too?

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

gigi72
on 9/12/08 12:54 pm - holly hill, FL
I sure am trying to!! gotta get $$$ in order, I am borrowing and maxing out credit cards, I figure it might not be the best/smartest thing to go into debt for this, but I have gone into debt for SOOoo much less.  are you going to dr.joya?? he was actually my first inquiry.
gigi
Julie Baker
on 10/1/08 3:59 am
RNY on 07/04/08 with
My hubby and I both had Rny with Joya on July 4th! 
We are so excited for you. We had a wonderful experience.  Everything was so clean, neat, and everyone was so friendly and helpful.  I had a little bit of an emergency situation and can tell you I have never had such immediate response.  It was awesome. 

We also realized that between the eating out, general groceries, and alcohol we consumed pre surgery that we are now saving between $500-600 a month.  Even though that is for both of us, just know that you will probably be able to pay back your debt in food savings alone!  That is the really cool part.  You will loose weight, save money, and live longer!

Have a great time!  Oh, take lots of $1.00 bills to tip with.  We used 10 or so the first day.  We gave a $1 or 2 to everyone - the airport greeter, cab driver, hotel bell boy, etc.
Besides spending less than $10 per day on food at the resort and a couple souveniers, that was our only other expense.  So if you have $100 cash in demoninations of $5 or $1 - you will be perfectly set up!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views