What To Bring To Mexico?

funnygirl140
on 8/7/08 2:21 pm
RNY on 10/20/08 with
So I will be having gastric bypass with Dr. Joya in October and am sooo excited I can't stand myself!  My question to all of those that have already had the procedure done (in Mexico) what items you brought with you or wish that you had thought of to you bring with you?  Did you bring protein?

Thanks for the help :)
funnygirl140
on 8/7/08 2:24 pm
RNY on 10/20/08 with
Oh yah...I know it says VSG in my settings, but I was going to have the VSG but changed my mind.  If anyone knows how to change the VSG to the RNY, please let me know as I have tried but can't figure it out.
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/08 8:29 am - FL
I took chicken broth, single-serving jello, apple juice, grape juice, bottled water, and tea with so I did not have to buy anything.  But remember it has to be with your checked luggage.
Coolbreeze
funnygirl140
on 8/8/08 1:36 pm
RNY on 10/20/08 with
Thank you Coolbreze, that is a fantastic idea!  How much do you think I should/could bring?  I have never been out of the states...as a matter of fact, I have never been on an airplane :)
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/08 10:46 pm - FL
Remember that I had Lapband so I was not there but 3 days and I am not sure of the RNY post-op diet.  Before surgery My doctor had me on a clear liquid diet and I was to be on the same diet for 7 days post-op.  I did not want to wallk around Mexico looking for a Walmart.  I took a 6pack of the juices, jello, bottled water.  I took 4 of the seasoning packs out of the ramen noodles and about 10  tea bags.  Please remember have them packed in your suit case, not in your carryon bag.  According to the airpor, they may make you throw them away during the security check if you don't.
Coolbreze
sperk
on 8/9/08 11:57 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
You can not check in liquids anymore with the airlines. You do not need to bring any food or protein stuff with. After you are back at the resort you might have a cup of broth a day. You will only want to drink water or apple juice. You will not be hungry.
Susan H.
on 8/8/08 3:22 pm - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with
HI and Congrats on your decision! You WON'T regret it!!! Promise!!

I have put together a list of things that I took to PV with me and added things that I wish I would've brought after I got back.
Please PM me and I'll send it to you!

As for changing the VSG to RNY....I dunno. I'd have to clunk around some to figure it out. I'm sure someone will know how to get there faster than me clunkin' around.

Enjoy the ride!!

Susan
=0)

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views