Are any Mexican Surgeons experienced with Revision or DS?

Kerry J.
on 7/14/08 3:20 am - Santa Clara, UT

I'm looking into getting a revision to my 1980 gastric bypass into a DS. My health insurance won't pay for anything related to WLS so I'm looking all over for qualified surgeons. Most of the Mexican ads are for Lap Band or RYN, so I'm oping somene here can give me a tip on which doctors to look for for my situation.

Thanks!

Kerry

wiggy
on 7/14/08 4:25 am

hi kerry!

i am from utah, too!  i am scheduled with dr. joya in puerto vallarta on the 22 of this month, with an  RNY.  not sure if he does DS but the reviews for him are awesome and i have been impressed with his office.  good luck and let me know what you find.

wiggy

Kerry J.
on 7/14/08 5:01 am - Santa Clara, UT

Hi Wiggy,

Please check back in after your surgery and let us know how things went. Where did you find reviews for Dr. Joya?

The UnSLEEVED 0.
on 7/24/08 12:35 pm
Dr. Alvarez does revisions.

Kerry J.
on 7/24/08 12:56 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Please let me know what you think about Dr. Alvarez when you get back and have a chance to write about your experience.

Thanks,

Kerry
The UnSLEEVED 0.
on 7/24/08 1:13 pm

... I will.  In the mean time, go and lurk over at the VSG forum!! They have really kept me informed.  It is atleast 2 members a week at DR A. office...  leaving and coming back happy.. heck, the one post that did have a complaint in it.. STILL said she would not use any other doc....GO figure.... She never questioned his skill ... if you want more info .. pm me and i willpoint you in there direction... the good and the bad.... no secrets!!

Kerry J.
on 7/24/08 1:24 pm - Santa Clara, UT
OK, will do. I've been hanging out on the DS board, but I'll star****ching the VSG forum too.
Larissa P.
on 7/14/08 11:52 am - Denton, TX

You might want to ask your question on the DS board, I know of at least a few Canadians who have traveled to have the surgery.

Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Jenkatmom L.
on 7/29/08 12:12 am

I was also a revision from a stomach stappling in the early 80's.

Dr. Ungson in Hermosillo does revisions to DS.  He is a very experienced surgeon, great hospital, great staff, and does a fabulous job.  You can go to his yahoo group and get more information or go on the DS board.

Good Luck - even though I had lots of complications afterwards (not the doctors fault), it was the best decision I ever made and would do it again in a heartbeat!

:) Lori D

Happy to be alive and loving life!
                    I LOVE my DS!
Kerry J.
on 7/31/08 12:32 pm - Santa Clara, UT
 Thanks Lori D. Can you post an address with that yahoo forum? I don't know how to find it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views