Costa Rica wls

elizabethW
on 6/30/08 2:14 pm - San Jose, CA
RNY on 08/08/08 with
Hi, would you consider to Costa Rica for wls over Mexico? Which do you think would provide better service and medical care? I do worry a bit about what I percieve as the surgery "mills" at the borders...hospitals that turn out to be 6 bed clinics, clinics that turn out to be hotel rooms. Man, very scary. A friend of mine is looking at getting wls and some cosmetic surgery in Costa Rica. Any thoughts on Costa Rica????
Zena L.
on 7/1/08 7:19 am
I considered Costa Rica when I was researching. I then decided that I felt more comfortable being closer to the US in case I needed a quick transport home. I ended up having my surgery in Ensenada, MX just south of Tijuana. Dr. Aguirre performed my gastric bypass and it was definately not a "surgery mill" facility. It was in a somewhat small but very well equipped and sterile hospital. If you are interested in any information about my experience just let me know! I highly recommend Dr. Aguirre. I have lost 140 lbs in 10 months. He was very kind and knowlegeable and his staff was wonderful.  Good luck in your search! Amanda
elizabethW
on 7/1/08 8:04 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 08/08/08 with
ohhhh I wasn't suggesting that Dr. A. was a surgery "mill", but there are some places I would be wary of.  Glad you had a good experience. My surgery is in a month.
Zena L.
on 7/2/08 3:30 am
I didn't think you were suggesting that. No worries! You must be very careful when seeking ANY doctor. It looks like you are going to Dr. Joya! Congrats. I hear wonderful things about him!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views