Leaving for Mexico in 6 hours....

SarahJ618
on 6/29/08 3:03 pm - Canada
Hello all,  I am off to Monterray for my RNY on July 2 with Dr. Rumbaut.  Any positive vibes you could send my way would be very appreciated, especially given the event of the last few days with a fellow Canadian nurse who went for an RNY sadly passing away.  I'll post back from the other side.... Sarah

Larissa P.
on 6/29/08 10:58 pm - Denton, TX
Well wishes coming your way.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
msak
on 6/30/08 6:04 am - WI

Sending positive vibes your way :) Congrats

Eggface
on 6/30/08 8:29 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Prayers and Best Wishes Sarah! ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

SarahJ618
on 6/30/08 10:50 pm - Canada
Thanks guys...we made it here safe and sound.  The city is nice and the service is outstanding!! Surgery tomorrow morning...yikes.

wannabhealthy45
on 7/3/08 11:18 am - Canada

Hi Sarah, Sorry I didn't get to send you a note before you left.  You have been on my mind and I've been sending you prayers and well wishes.  I can't wait to hear how you are doing.  Heal fast and healthy :) Marg

elizabethW
on 7/4/08 4:19 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 08/08/08 with
It has been 3 days....has anyone heard from Sara, is she okay?? I think we are all a bit jumpy because of what happened to Colleen. zooming good thoughts to Sara and hope to hear she made it though okay!!!!
SarahJ618
on 7/4/08 4:52 am - Canada
Hi guys....no worries here thank God!  I was released out of the hospital this morning and only had my laptop at the hotel.  Thanks for sending positive thoughts my way and I have to say that Dr. Rumbaut and the hospital/nurses/all services are top rated.  I'll post all the other details on the mexican men later...hehe. Sarah

RobynLuvsRoses
on 7/4/08 7:52 am
Hey, Sarah! So glad to hear you are doing well. I am coming to Monterrey next Tuesday for RNY with Dr. Rumbaut on Wednesday. When you feel up to it, do you have any wisdom/advice/recommendations on what to bring to give to me? Perhaps I will see you there. Robyn
SarahJ618
on 7/4/08 1:35 pm - Canada
Hey Robyn! Are you staying at the Hampton Inn??  If so I don't leave until Wednesday morning so we could meet on Tuesday after your tests.  I don't know if I have any wisdom yet.  A good support person is very helpful right now, as I couldn't even do up my bra today.  Dr. Rumbaut is fantastic and so personable!  His whole team is really.  The only downside is that I don't speak any spanish and some nurses didn't speak English (my fault...I came to their country and shouldn't expect them to speak english) but the majority of nurses speak some english so it was all good.  The hotel room was a suite with hardwood laminate and a marble tile walk in shower.  Beautiful!  Hmm...is there anything else you want to know?? Sarah

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views