PRICES

tracie-tracie
on 6/10/08 12:03 pm - calgary, Canada
I AM GOING TO HAVE SURGERY DONE IN MEXICO IN DECEMBER. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT YOU PAID FOR THE SLEEVE OR GASTRIC BYPASS. WHO YOU WENT TO AND IF AIRFARE WAS INCLUDED. THANK YOU.
Laurie D.
on 6/10/08 12:26 pm, edited 6/10/08 12:26 pm - OR
RNY on 07/16/07 with

Hi Tracie,  congrats on your upcoming surgery.

I had Gastric Bypass surgery with Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta last July.  Cost was $12,500 and included all pre-surgery tests, airfare, hotel, and hospital/surgery fees.  My experience with Dr. Joya and his staff was excellent. 

Loree

H 312  /  C 148 
Visit my WLS blog at:  www.bluepetels.blogspot.com

sperk
on 6/10/08 9:56 pm - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
I paid $10,000 with Dr Joya. Everything including air was included. His package now has a $500 insurance option so no worrys about extra costs.
Everyone has monthly specials keep checking. http://www.drjoya.com/packageseng.html
Kristin B.
on 6/11/08 9:37 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
Dr Alvarez- $1000 basic fee- www.endobariatric.com   airfare is on you
Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
sperk
on 6/12/08 12:53 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
wow only a $1000 I think you forgot a 0.
Kristin B.
on 6/12/08 6:45 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
oops! either that or I am owed a refund! thanks-
Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
liveinphx
on 6/12/08 8:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am having surgery Jun 27th with Dr Contreras in Tijuana for $8,700 all inclusive except airfare. It is through lapbandinternational and everyone there has been wonderful. Dr spent about 45 minutes with me on the phone last night explaining everything and answering all my questions.  Violet has been incredible walking me through the process. Although I am pre-op I would rate my experience thus far as top notch and have no doubt my surfery experience will be do as well. Not all MD's and programs advertise on this site but that does not mean they are not excellent experienced surgeons.
johns-wife
on 6/12/08 12:47 pm
Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrery (www.gastricband.com) was 14.6K for RNY not including hotel or airfare. The price is more than many places in Mexico, but if you do the research, its worth it. The San Jose hospital is state of the art and all facilities are top notch. I was worried when I saw the facilities used by other doctors in Mexico.
elizabethW
on 6/22/08 3:29 am - San Jose, CA
RNY on 08/08/08 with
I agree to do your research and keep checking. Also, when one of these companies tells you how fabulous their "hospitals" are, ask how many rooms these hospitals have. Because many of these hospitals are, in fact, clinics. I am not saying that clinics are bad, I am just saying they are not hospitals as we usually define hospitals. One website shows a fabulous new and shiney state-of-the-art "hospital"...but actually does their surgery in a 6 room clinic not in any way attached to said hospital.
morethanhappy
on 7/6/08 2:04 pm

I don't know if prices vary on each procedure, but I got my surgery done in Tijuana Mexico, with Dr. Contreras, I paid $ 8,500 dlls  all included except airfare. If you want to check him out, he has his own webpage www.weightlossmc.com , I personally had a very good experience. He is very meticulous and explains everything. Morethanhappy.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views