Family Backlash!

toothfairy.mitchell
on 6/4/08 9:52 am
VSG on 06/30/08 with
Okay, the cat is out of the bag, and my family is not pleased..to say the least. My husband has known all along, of course. But my parents, especially my Dad is furious about it. He doesn't think the surgery is necessary, and he says you don't go to Mexico for a medical procedure! Any one go through this? Is there anything I can say? I am now scared that if something does happen, I won't be able to live with the "I told you so-s"!! I know that sounds silly, but AURGH!! One more thing to worry about...
sperk
on 6/4/08 11:48 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
That is a normal response from people that have to clue about it. Send them links to web sites so they can read up about it and see what it is all about. Send them links to the operation itself. Send them the link to the doctors web site and the forum there.

Lesson one keep it to yourself don't tell anyone. Lesson two is if someone does find out educate them. Lesson three you know in your heart that you researched this and you are comfortable with it and everything will be great. Steve
Eggface
on 6/4/08 4:03 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
All I can say is I've had three surgeries in Mexico (went by myself too) and all were wonderful experiences. Dr's, Nurse's, Staff were awesome. They were soooooo much better experiences that I've had stateside. I feel like I've been spoiled now and will have difficulty not getting the level of care and attention I did when I was in Mexico. Best wishes! I hope your experience is as wonderful as my three have been, ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

msak
on 6/5/08 12:58 pm - WI
That really sucks... I know I cant talk to my family about it either... I know they will be too close minded about it... I have never heard a unhappy Dr. Joya patient... Your doing whats best for you
Valleygirl855
on 6/6/08 1:45 am - Kingsport, TN
RNY on 05/08/08 with
I got so much negative feedback the first time I talked about the surgery, that when I finally booked it I didn't tell my family and they still don't know.  they just think I'm dieting.  I am not going to put up with negativity!

"Valley Girl"

SW 214 / CW 133/ GW 140  HEIGHT 5'4"  Age 53  BMI 24.9  GOAL!  New Goal 130

alecjenny
on 6/19/08 4:18 pm - LIttleton, CO
Hi again,  I am also going the same time as you.  You are better than I am since I have not told my parents what we are going to mexico for:(  My husband knows of course, he is going with me, but my mother had RNY 4 years ago in the US and I was not impressed with her surgeon or how the hospital took care of her.  That is part of why I am going to Mexico, the other part is because I am self pay as the docs in my area won't even do the surgery unless you are over 40 bmi, and I want to take care of my bad habits with this tool before it makes my health worse.  I will tell my brother just before I leave as he and I work together in a business that we own so that he knows in case of any delays in return to work, but my parents overreact to everything.  Can't wait to meet you there. Jenny Doucette
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views