OT: is surgery alot cheaper in Mexico

Darlene W.
on 6/1/08 2:12 am - Arcata, CA
is surgery alot cheaper in mexico and how long do you have to stay?  How much are the motels?  thanks for your help.
kauntiek
on 6/1/08 6:26 am - Columbus, OH
RNY on 10/03/07 with

It was half the price for me and well worth it.  I went to Dr. Joya in Puerta Vallarta.  we stayed  for 10 days and the hotel and the flights were part of the package.  The service and care I received was amazing and I highly recommend Dr. Joya and his team! Good luck Kristy down 100+ pounds in 8 months since surgery and 175 in total

Valleygirl855
on 6/1/08 7:41 am - Kingsport, TN
RNY on 05/08/08 with
I also went to Dr Joya and would do it again in a heartbeat.  All inclusive, wonderful beach....extremely clean hospital room, kind staff....Love Dr Espinoza and Dr Leal as well as Dr Joya.  I flew in on wednesday, had surgery Thursday morning, stayed at the hospital until Monday, then went back to the hotel and flew home to DC on Friday.  that was for RNY lap.  Shorter stays for other procedures I believe, but I wanted the gold standard for weight loss and didn't want to be bothered with fills....

"Valley Girl"

SW 214 / CW 133/ GW 140  HEIGHT 5'4"  Age 53  BMI 24.9  GOAL!  New Goal 130

lisaweisenbach
on 6/4/08 2:16 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
I had the VSG with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta.... it was about half the price of the US doctors and hospitals... You pay one bill and its over wtih.....unlike the US where u get a bill in the mail every other day from all sorts of people. I was there a total of 6 days...and its all inclusive...one fee pays for the airfare and hotel, unless u upgrade at the hotel and food is also extra..

Kristin B.
on 6/7/08 1:50 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
There are doctors in the US that are comparable in price to Mexico- they are located in Michigan and Oklahoma Come on over to the VSG board- I'm sure you will find some helpful reviews.
Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views