Handling School with the Sleeve or RNY?

toothfairy.mitchell
on 6/1/08 7:22 am
VSG on 06/30/08 with

Hi, I am looking into having surgery with Dr.Joya, and I had pretty much thought I would do a LapBand. Now after all the stuff I have read I am thinking about one of the other surgeries.

My question is...Can I handle going to school after the surgery? I pretty much will just be sitting in a classroom, but I wasn't for sure how bad I would feel or for how long after the surgery. Any advice???

Valleygirl855
on 6/1/08 7:44 am - Kingsport, TN
RNY on 05/08/08 with
I flew home Friday and went back to work Monday.  i did get tired and needed an afternoon nap, but other than that....felt great.

"Valley Girl"

SW 214 / CW 133/ GW 140  HEIGHT 5'4"  Age 53  BMI 24.9  GOAL!  New Goal 130

msak
on 6/1/08 10:02 am - WI
I'm in the same situation.. .Ive been thinking the sleeve may be a better idea for myself ...less after care and shorter recovery time..
sperk
on 6/1/08 12:56 pm - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
HI Look into the sleeve. They snip it and you forget it. Unlike the lap-band where you have to baby sit it for life. You can eat anything you will lose weight faster than lap-band. You can be back to work or school in a week if you keep from lifting anything very heavy. I had the sleeve done on 2-1-08 by Dr. Joya when I left the hospital I felt like I did not even had any kind of surgery. I explored the city, went shopping, had a massage at the resort. You will love it there, the resort, the hospital, the staff are all great. You are in great hands they check on you every day when you get back to the resort. Pm me with any questions. Steve
lisaweisenbach
on 6/4/08 2:19 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
Everyone is different....if u dont have other health problems or very few...and if u have no complications from surgery....then u should be fine for school.... I had my VSG with Dr. Joya and had a complication...but I also have other health problems... I couldnt do much for a few weeks.. I relied on family to help me out alot during that time.. everyone is different of course....some do so well they go back to work, etc, very soon...

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views