Anyone else for Joya in July?

Julie Baker
on 5/31/08 4:04 pm
RNY on 07/04/08 with
My husband and I finally got into a financial position where we could schedule our RNY with Dr. Joya.  We are so excited - can hardly wait!   Our date is July 4th.  Anyone else going to be there around that time?
toothfairy.mitchell
on 6/1/08 3:40 am
VSG on 06/30/08 with
OH!! I am just now looking at Dr. Joya as an option. Do you care to share with me what you know? I am talking to doctors here, but it is sooo much cheaper there. Do you know anyone that has used him? I don't know how long it takes to get scheduled, but we might be close to your time!!! Good luck!
smiley97459
on 6/1/08 9:13 am - Casper, WY
RNY on 05/27/08 with
Hi im shawna I am 5 days post op in a beautiful 5 star hotel that was included in my package. Surgery went great, no complications, no problems at all. Everyone there is awesome!! Dr. Joya and his assistant Dr. Espinosa have a great bedside manner and are experts with what they do. you couldnt be in better hands,,,,really. I would refer their package and surgery to anyone that is looking into the surgery. Any other questions...........feel free to email me  Shawna

Shawna 

Julie Baker
on 6/1/08 2:29 pm
RNY on 07/04/08 with
We select Dr. Joya after reading all the wonderful praises everyone has for his office. Then my sister actually met a visitor in her shop that actually had bypass surgery by him. I wish she had gotten some contact info, but the lady praised his office, the treatment, etc. highly.  I liked that he is right up front with costs, risks and possible complications.  The worked with us fantastically in letting us pick our flight iternary which allowed us to pay the upgrade for first class seats so we could be more comfy on the flight.  The deposit is low - some want you to pay 1/2 up front. I started a spreadsheet of all the names I could find and noted things I read in forums, and in other we searches.   Then we added in the factor of ease of travel, and Dr. Joya won on our card.
Julie Baker
on 6/1/08 2:24 pm
RNY on 07/04/08 with
Hey Shawna, we are from Grants Pass.  Thanks for the great review about Dr. Joya.  Everyone speaks very highly of him and his staff and how nice it is there.  We are planning on staying at the resort a few extra days just to make sure we get plenty of rest (and sunshine too!)   Are there public computers there?  I see a lot of people posting from PV.  I don't really want to lug my laptop so am hoping the resort has internet access. Do you know if there is a support group in Southern Oregon?  We belong to a weight loss support group, but might be interested in getting involved in a WLS support group too. Hope you are doing well!  We begin our clear liquid diet in 3 weeks - can hardly wait.  This is the first time in my life I have ever been anxious to deprive myself of food  They payoff is going to be huge - I will have my life back!  Yeah!!!!
Valleygirl855
on 6/6/08 1:49 am - Kingsport, TN
RNY on 05/08/08 with
My surgery was May 8th with Dr Joya.  They are the best.  Dr leal and Dr Espinoza are so sweet too!  Check out pictures of the hospital and hotel on my profile. Best of luck!

"Valley Girl"

SW 214 / CW 133/ GW 140  HEIGHT 5'4"  Age 53  BMI 24.9  GOAL!  New Goal 130

matthewshiner
on 7/4/08 1:21 pm - Washington DC, DC
RNY on 07/09/08 with
I am there July 8, for surgery July 9th - I should be able to say hello to you right before you leave.....
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views