1 week post op- Dr Alvarez and vsg

Kristin B.
on 5/24/08 7:23 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
I was 100% satisfied with my entire experience- everything was exactly as others have posted For a twitchy control freak like I am, surprises are NOT a welcome event- so the highest compliment I can give to Dr A and staff is that there were NO surprises I was picked up and taken care of by Rosie- she was in constant contact and very considerate of travel needs- the hotels I stayed in were new and clean and comfortable Priscilla, the Dr's private nurse, was available all day The night nurses were very attentive, my room was kept clean, my call light answered promptly and the docs were in to see me several times each day. If anyone has questions- feel free to ask here or PM me.
Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
mrsbu
on 5/25/08 12:25 pm - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
I am so glad that it went so well. I used Dr Joya in PV and would imagine our experience was almost identical. These are excellent good decent doctors that start these practices to save us. Yes they are making great financial gain but they are also saving our lives and treating us with the kindness and compassion our  medical professionals don;t.
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

Kristin B.
on 5/25/08 10:53 pm - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
Exactly! I am glad this forum is here so that we can offer our experiences and let people know that care in Mexico can be as good or better than that found in the States. How are you doing btw?
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
shranch
on 5/26/08 11:00 pm
VSG on 06/02/08 with

Thanks so much for posting.  I have my date on 6-2 with Dr. A and am getting very nervous but also very excited.  I do have one question.  Did they give you something to put you out a little before you went into the op room.  I am the very nervous type and like that drug they give right before they wheel you in so you remember nothing. Thanks again.

Kristin B.
on 5/27/08 1:17 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with
I did get that- I was unconscious before I left my room-  My sleeve sister was highly anxious and she requested something as soon as they put in her IV so she was VERY happy and drowsy even before they came and got her. I'm sure if you make your anxiety known they will make it very easy on you.
shranch
on 5/27/08 1:23 am
VSG on 06/02/08 with
Thanks Kristi, just knowing that puts me much at ease.

mrsbu
on 5/27/08 8:47 pm - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
   I am doing great three months out and down over 50lbs. But my real goal was to cure my diabettes which has been done. No more Byetta, no more insulin and no more 5 pills a day to poorly manage my sugar. I am now wearing smaller clothes, so much smaller that I have to go out and buy smaller pants LOL.      I loved my Dr and people have to shed their bias and realize that there are GREAT dr's in other countries.That fabulous care exsists in other countries and as long as we provide a great financial incone for these dr's they are going to get better and better and the hospitals are going to get even better. Mine was pretty marvelous, the whole experience, just fabulous. Glad yu are doing and feeling so well too.
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views