Dr Joya and RNY

Valleygirl855
on 5/15/08 12:41 am - Kingsport, TN
RNY on 05/08/08 with
Well my stay here in Puerto Vallarta is about to come to an end.  I had surgery last Thursday.  Friday was my only day of pain, by Saturday I was doing much better....Monday I came to the hotel and it was lovely!  I upgraded to Ocean front for 20USD per day and it was worth every penny.  This is the best place in the whole world to have surgery, then recover.  I would highly recomend it to anyone!  By the way, if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll you give you Nathalie's number for more information. Dee PS check out my bio for pictures

"Valley Girl"

SW 214 / CW 133/ GW 140  HEIGHT 5'4"  Age 53  BMI 24.9  GOAL!  New Goal 130

mrsbu
on 5/17/08 5:05 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
So glad you had a great experience I love Dr Joya and think his team is fantastic. I got the best hospital stay of my life in PV and wish I could get teh same medical treatment here in the states.
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

TammyLynne
on 5/21/08 9:01 am - Canada
RNY on 11/13/07 with
I loved my stay in PV... and Dr Joya and his team were the best.. Like i have always said if only the medical care here was that good.  I would go back there in a heart beat and i am in the middle of looking for a Dr that does plastic surgery in PV.  DOWN 153lbs...........
toothfairy.mitchell
on 6/1/08 3:46 am
VSG on 06/30/08 with

I am looking into Dr. Joya, but am nervous about the whole away from home issue. I am glad to see someone that actually was there, and had a good experience. I would love any information that you could pass to me!! How long did it take to get scheduled? What medical information (or any other) did they need beforehand? Stuff like that... I am new to to this website so if I am not responding in the right way..please forgive me!! Congrats on the surgery...good luck and prayer with the rest of the journey!!

Valleygirl855
on 6/1/08 7:36 am - Kingsport, TN
RNY on 05/08/08 with
I got schedules within a few weeks.  Once I decided, they sent me a medical form to fill out.  I took copies of all the testing I had done here in the states.  They also do lab work and ekg when you get there.  There are pictures of the hotel and hospital on my profile.  I can give you office information and if you go to the www.drjoya.com support, you will read accounts of lots of poeple who have had surgery there.  the hospital was small but extremely clean.  the nurses came as soon as you pressed the call button.  I went alone, but if I had it to do over again...I would have had my husband or someone close go with me.  I took my laptop and had skype free long distance to talk to everyone while i was there.  Anything you need or want to know, just ask.  I loved the satff and the Dr's and Nathalie (his office asistant) eamil me regularly.  Just an awesome setup!  Can't wait to go back on vacation.... Dee

"Valley Girl"

SW 214 / CW 133/ GW 140  HEIGHT 5'4"  Age 53  BMI 24.9  GOAL!  New Goal 130

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views