Going to Dr. Aceves June 3rd!!!!!

Bard4fun
on 5/11/08 10:06 pm
I am very excited I am going to get my Sleeve June 3rd, with Dr. Aceves. I had a surgery date with Dr.Alvarez, but when you are a nonpaid care giver for your mother and work part time at a used (very used ) car lot, $1250 is big money. I would have never changed other than that, and that both Dr. have excellent reputations, and Loyal as hell patient base, wow have you read the posts that bash someone elses Dr.? I feel that if one has mess up it would be ALL this and other forums. With that aside, I off to Mexico in only 3 weeks. I start my pre-op diet tomorow. I have been on a self imposed pre-pre-op diet and feel like a Million bucks. The count down is on!!! I welcome ALL Comments and suggestion about going to Mexico,and yes I have my passport LOL. I guess the only fear I have going down there is having to hand over my cashiers check Whaaaa!!! LOL!
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/12/08 10:40 am

I'm sure Dr. Aceves is also a good surgeon.

I just want to say congratulations and good luck to you!

maybe take a phone card to Mexico if you need to phone home?

Bard4fun
on 5/12/08 11:32 am
As I understand it, the hospital is so close to the Border that cell phone work there, Just a rumor as of yet!
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/12/08 11:51 am
that's great, never thought of that!
mrsbu
on 5/12/08 12:31 pm - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
I had my surgery with Dr Joya in PV and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. As my insurance would not cover it, my only option was to pay way too much here in the states or fly off to Mexico. I love Dr Joya and sure that the Dr you are going to is just as good as his team as they are both Board favorites Good Luck and Bonvoyage
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 5/15/08 10:26 pm
so what are you doing to get ready?
Bard4fun
on 5/18/08 9:36 pm
I have been on first a pre-pre-op diet, A liquid shake in the morning upped my exercize and my walks, Now since I am on my official pre-op diet I am on a low fat liquid diet a couple of protein shake a day and some broth or soup for dinner. Starting next Tuesday a full liquid diet.
let B.
on 5/18/08 3:03 pm - CA

Well Congrats on your surgery date, I was banded  on May 6, 2008 by Dr Aceves and the A team and let me tell you that the experience was wonderful.  Most of the nurse staff speak english the hospital is the cleanest I have ever seen and the care WOW your going to be amazed.  You are in The Best Hands next to our Lord and he will do a great job with you.  I was also a self pay and the handing over of my lifes savings was hard but well worth it.  Good luck if you have any further questions please dont hesitate to ask.  You can add me as a friend as well if you'll like..    Leticia 226 1/2/209/136 start/now/goal 05/06/08 dob

Fredricka MacLean
on 5/19/08 4:11 am - Canada
I am having an RNY on June 28th with Dr. Aceves as well....same as you I was scheduled for the other Dr. A but again when self paying every little bit helps....OMG I am so excited too.  I'd love to hear about your journey. 
Kat18913
on 5/19/08 9:32 am
Hi, I am having a RYN with Dr Aceves on the 4th of JUNE.  See you in the hospital!!!! Kat
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views