San Diego Airport to Cosmed - on the cheap

Eggface
on 5/9/08 4:03 am - Sunny Southern, CA

San Diego Airport to Cosmed on the Cheap I'm a Cosmed patient (Dr. Q rocks!) and live in Southern California so (feel free to check out my blog link below for my wls/ps story) I get this question a lot. Hope the info helps someone:

At the airport take the #992 bus for $2.25 to Broadway & Kettner stop/American Plaza Trolley Station (8 minute bus ride)

Here's a pic of the bus stop you will get off at...

http://home.flash.net/~ral1/starbucks/bigimages/DSCN7340.jpg

Run in the Starbuck's and get some change... you'll need some $5's and $1's for Mexico (taxis, tips)

Buy a $5 day pass from the trolley ticket machine it's good a day and you won't have to worry about return times, expiring etc. Get on the trolley (it's right there LOL in the picture) you want the Blue Line to San Ysidro (they come every 15 minutes for most of the day) it's a 55 minute ride down.

I just get off the trolley and walk across the border (10 minute walk) Follow the signs through the second turnstile to the taxi stand. $5 takes you to Cosmed (if you pay more than $5 they are taking you for a ride literally) It helps if you hand the taxi driver the address to the clinic: Mision San Diego 1527 Suite 301 Zona Rio, Tijuana

I understand Cosmed now runs a shuttle from the US side to Cosmed on Saturdays you'll have to check out www.cosmedclinic.com for those details. Returning: Ask Giselle or Joyce to call you a taxi to the border. The driver will drop you off where the line to cross back starts. Depending on the time of day prepare to stand in a 1 hour or more line. It's kind of fun. Vendors walk by selling stuff... Mmmm the smell of warm churros. Post-op Returning: I recommend getting a driver (I'd be happy to tell you those I've used in the past PM me) to drive you across. You'll still need to walk through the US Border Patrol security but you won't have to do the long line. It's worth the added $.

~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Janel B
on 5/13/08 1:04 am - Oakley, CA
Thank you so much for all this info. I am having Dr Q do my surgery in August. I think that to save a little $$$ I'll take this route you mentioned to get to Elena's home....have you been there, and if so, do you have any opinion on it? I hear only good this thus far. Then, I'll have someone drive me to the airport post op.
Janel  
Eggface
on 5/13/08 1:18 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Hey Janel, I stay at the Lucerna Hotel but I hear wonderful things about Elena's and if you aren't familar with TJ or Mexico a recovery house is well worth the added $. Best wishes. I get Alex w/ LIAS Tours to drive me back. Joyce can set it up for you and get a good rate. I'd be happy to share his info if you need it. ~Michelle

Janel B
on 5/13/08 1:27 am - Oakley, CA
Yes, I'd love the info....how much would he charge to take me from Cosmed to the SD Airport?
Janel  
Eggface
on 5/13/08 1:33 am - Sunny Southern, CA
I'm not sure I think it's 70 (I had a friend who used him for the airport) he takes me home I'm pretty local. If you leave early like 5 am early you can breeze through the border. Try and leave early. Joyce can get you the best rate and he doesn't need much notice like 2 days so set it up when you get there. Alex's # (from the US): 619-829-5354 in TJ: 105-44-04 Cell: 664-188-06-97 [email protected] [email protected]  ~Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views