Mexico anyone?

sperk
on 5/4/08 1:46 pm - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
Lap-band would be the farthest thing in my mind to have. Most people think that having it they can one day have it taken out and be back to normal. NOT TRUE. You can eat around the lap-band so thats no good. You can dump with the lap-band so thats no good. You can't tell me one good thing about it compared to the sleeve and even the RNY has it ups and downs but not as much as the lap-band. Snip it and forget it thats the sleeve way. Steve
Artisticchyck
on 5/5/08 2:30 am - Marysville, WA
Lap Band on 06/23/08 with
But can't you expand your stomach with the sleeve as well?
pattycake
on 5/4/08 3:19 pm - macon, GA
i had rny, but your choice should be based on the amount of weight need to lose.  the lap band is really recommended if you don't have that much weight to lose and can be patient about the pace of your weight loss.  if you have a lot of weight to lose i would choose the vsg.  with gastric bypass you lose a lot of weight quickly.  good luck.  please feel free to write back.  i would love to keep in touch and share in your journey.  take care-- patty
Artisticchyck
on 5/5/08 2:38 am - Marysville, WA
It is hard to decide what to do.  I originally thought I wanted the Lap Band, but after talking with several board members, I thought VSG made the most sense.  But it worries me that there could be more complications with that because of staples and such.  I believe I would only need the sleeve, I am just worried about complilcations I guess. I also heard that it is difficult to find a doctor to do fills when you get home, so I found a clinic about 10 minutes away from my house that works with Dr. Joya's patients, so I plan to talk to them today and get more information about all the options.  After talking with another member, I found my profile fit more with the sleeve--I was a grazer that ate mostly sugary foods, with an up and down weight loss record.  So I guess my next step is just to talk to a doctor. Thanks for your help Patty, Take care, Deana
smiley97459
on 5/9/08 12:45 pm - Casper, WY
RNY on 05/27/08 with
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO I have asurgery date!!! I am sooo nervous and excited all at once!!  MAY 26th!!! with Dr. Joya!!  Any pointers??? What do I pack??? HELPPP>>>>>>>>  Thanks!!!

Shawna 

Kristi H.
on 5/22/08 7:14 am - E Wenatchee, WA
Hi there, i'm 7 wks post-op with the lapband and down 34lbs. I feel great. I went to Tj. Mexico and my surgeon was Dr Corvala. Wonderful dr, staff, and hospital. Wonderful experience, and i love my band. I don't have a fill yet, and my eating is under control. I couldn't ask for more. I eat high protein foods, and just healthy foods all around. I will be using NM Fill Management out of Arlington WA for my fills. I'm very happy with my choice of surgery. But everyone is different and whats good for one isn't always the best for you. Do your research til you find the WLS for you. There is info and pics on my profile about Dr Corvala and Mx. Good luck and God bless.  I'm looking at a green  add for INAMED with a pic of Dr. Corvala and his staff as i type this.

What ever the LORD brings you to, HE will bring you thru.....
FILL'S  1st 5-30 2cc's   2nd 7-10 4cc's  3rd 9-16 1cc 4th 11-22 1.4cc
Artisticchyck
on 5/26/08 10:31 am - Marysville, WA
Thanks for writing Kristi, and congratulations on your success.  I guess I was a little bummed because I wasn't hearing alot of support for the LB out there and I am always anxious to hear new banders and their success.  My only concern, really, is that I can control the "head hunger".  It seems that I am constantly hungry, my stomach will even growl and feel empty.  I just really want to be able to control my appetite, so I am relieved that you have that managed with the LB.  I have my surgery scheduled for June 23, in Mexico, so I am getting really excited.  I will be starting my pre-op diet soon (did you find that hard?) and will also be getting my fills in Arlington, since I live only 10 minutes away in Marysville.  Take care and I hope you stay in touch!!! God bless, Artistic chyck
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views