Mexico anyone?

Artisticchyck
on 5/2/08 7:29 am - Marysville, WA
Lap Band on 06/23/08 with

I was all excited because I finally made the decision to commit to the surgery, and the facilitator told me my insurance has an exclusion policy.  So more clicking led me to Mexico, and I am really considering it.  I haven't been able to find out the amount of surgeries Dr. Joya has done, but it is a definite benefit that he pays for airfare.  I have vacationed at Las Palmas, which is a few hotels away from Kristal, and it is a beautiful area.  Please feel free if you have already used Dr. Joya or any other Dr. in Mexico to drop me a line.  Would love to hear about your experience! Thanks, Deana

sperk
on 5/2/08 8:28 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
Everything about Dr. Joya's package is great. The 5 star resort, the great hospital, and the staff at the hospital. I can not tell you one bad thing about the whole experience. If you have any questions give me a pm and I will try and answer them. Steve
Artisticchyck
on 5/2/08 12:14 pm - Marysville, WA

I heard that there is difficulty in getting "fills" done in the U.S.  Have you had any done here or do you go back to Dr. Joya for the fills?

sperk
on 5/2/08 12:17 pm - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
I had the sleeve done. The lap*band was not for me. There was no way I wanted to be married to a doctor going in for fills or to have a fill taken out. With the sleeve you snip it and forget it.
mrsbu
on 5/2/08 11:27 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
Dr Joya saved my life as I had insuelin resistent Diabettes, glucose levels of 350-450 with insulin, byetta and actosplus daily . Now my sugars are between 99-135 daily and I have not been so healthy in 6 years since I was diagnosed with diabettes. You cam PM me too and I will be happy to answer any questions about the trip and surgery
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

Artisticchyck
on 5/2/08 12:18 pm - Marysville, WA

What type of surgery did you have?  I would like to have banding done, but I heard it is difficult to find a US doctor who will do fills when you go to Mexico to have the surgery.  Have you had that problem?  And do you know how many surgeries Dr. Joya has performed?  I couldn't find it on his website.  I am ready to go forward, but my husband is being cautious.

mrsbu
on 5/3/08 7:58 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
I had RNY and love it, no more diabettes...no more shots...no more feeling crappy all the time. You can call and speak with Dr. Joya's assistant Gerald and he will answer all your questions.
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

lisaweisenbach
on 5/3/08 9:10 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
Hey again.. I urge to look into the VSG too.. Its so much less complicated that the other surgeries... I think the Lapband is the only one that I would truly never have had... but the others are good surgeries...and will produce good weight loss.. I love the Krystal hotel...its absolutely breathtaking.. Id never seen anything like it before in my life... Ive led a sheltered life, lol I want to go back really bad!

pattycake
on 5/4/08 11:32 am - macon, GA
hey, i went to mexico 3 years ago for my rny.  i was given the best cre.  it ws clean, safe and affordable.  my doctor was dr. aguire.  i was pleased and i have kept all the weight off since june 2005.  i lost 96 lbs the first 9 months after my surgery.  good luck to you.  saty in touch.
Artisticchyck
on 5/4/08 1:02 pm - Marysville, WA
Thank you for your reply.  I have been trying to decide whether I will do Lap Band or VSG.  Which did you choose?
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views