seriously considering Mexico and Dr Lopez

cpl60
on 5/1/08 1:44 pm - Langley, Canada
Hi everyone, I am new to this whole thing!  I am seriously considering gastric bypass done by Dr Lopez in Tiayana, Mexico. Does anyone have any insights, suggestions, advice, knowledge about him?  What was your experience.  I am in the "heavy-duty" researching category!!  Would dearly appreciate hearing from you as I have 120 lbs to lose. Thanks so much, cpl60
cpl60
on 5/1/08 4:00 pm - Langley, Canada
I guess I should learn to spell Tijuana correctly!!!  Sorry.
lisaweisenbach
on 5/3/08 9:13 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
Hi there.. I cant help u with Dr. Lopez.... I went to Puerto Vallarta and has surgery with Dr. Joya. He was really good... and it all worked out great...one complication..but it was fixed in surgery.. Im much heavier.. I have lost 49 lbs so far...but still have over 150 lbs to lose... but Im confident that i will get there....and if not, I will get close and be so much healthier than before. I had the VSG and it is great.. it has really changed my life.

cpl60
on 5/3/08 2:45 pm - Langley, Canada
Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for your response.  I do read good things about Dr Joya as well.  Dr Lopez-Corvala apparently is one of the 10 best ... sounds as if Dr Joya must be as well.  I'm not sure what procedure you had done (not familiar with that abbreviation).  Sounds as if you are doing amazingly well - how long has it been for you, Lisa?  How are you finding the dietary changes?  What has changed for you in your post-op life?  There is so much to consider, isn't there? Did you ever get any "flack" from family about "giving up" or "quitting" or "going the easy way out"???  My daughter is feeling as if all the things I would have to do after surgery I could do now without spending a lot of money.  What are your thoughts on that?  I feel as if I need the medical intervention to get on top etc.  She is saying it's no different.  Has anyone else that you know of had similar concerns and what helped you deal with it? Any further insights you can share with me would be greatly appreciated.  Dr L-C is the Dr flashing in the left column for Inamed. Thanks again! Colleen
cpl60
on 5/5/08 2:23 pm - Langley, Canada
Hi all, I am learning more and more as I go along here.  These forums and the people are wonderful! Apparently Dr Lopez-Corvala has done over 500 bypasses, so that's good to know. Hope you are all doing well. Colleen
fiong1228
on 5/7/08 9:22 am - Alameda, CA

Hi, I am going to Dr. Lopez-Corvala to do my Lap-band surgery on 5-13-08, hopefully i can tell you how i feel after that.    Fiona

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views