Who did you bring with you?

iammelissa
on 4/28/08 8:16 am - federal way, WA
Hello all! I'm going to be scheduling my surgery soon and my husband wants to go, but i'm worried that he will be terribly bored!  Who did you bring and what did they do?

Melissa

sperk
on 4/28/08 1:12 pm - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
Hi i brought no one with me. My thinking was I would have to baby sit them and there thinking would be that they would have to baby sit me. So none of us would get any rest. lol I really had no problems going by myself. I brought my laptop with and kept in constant touch with everyone back home. A web cam and instant message worked great. When I want to rest or do something all I had to do was to log off and do it I didn't have to make sure someone else wanted to do the same thing as me. Steve
Laurie D.
on 4/28/08 11:28 pm - OR
RNY on 07/16/07 with

Hi Melissa,

My Dad and sister came with me.  They stayed at a hotel for all 8 nights but visited me during the day at the hospital.   I spent a great deal of time walking around the hospital after surgery, and they always walked with me.  We also would would read magazines, watch TV, and play easy word or verbal puzzle games.   

They also would go to restaurants during the day and hit Starbucks for coffee once or twice a day.   In the late afternoon they would go back to their hotel for dinner, spend some time at the pool, go to the beach, or head off (take a taxi) to Wallmart for water and incidentals.

A laptop is another way to pass the time.  We didn't bring our computers but it would have been nice.

Congrats on your journey !!

Loree

H 312  /  C 148 
Visit my WLS blog at:  www.bluepetels.blogspot.com

Eggface
on 4/29/08 8:01 am - Sunny Southern, CA
No one but I wouldn't recommend it... I was seriously bored.  ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

mrsbu
on 4/29/08 10:46 am - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
   My husband, I would not even thought to go without him, I have been with him for three brain surgeries. I wanted him to go the hotel but he refused and slept on the floor or the sofa in the room he would not leave myside. Just the sound if his snoring made me feel normal and safe and fretting about him took my mind off me, and who else would have gone to the market and bought the biggest flower arangement they had for me ?
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

iammelissa
on 4/30/08 4:29 am - federal way, WA
Wow, Mrsbu, I was reading  your profile and you had quite the childhood. I work in child protection so my life work is to help make things better for kids going through things like that.   glad you have such a wonderful husband!  It looks like you've already lost some, how much is it so far?  how are you feling?

Melissa

lisaweisenbach
on 4/30/08 7:50 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
My husband went with me to Puerto Vallarta. We took our laptop and he spent most of his free time surfing the internet and checking emails....thank goodness I had him with me, I wouldnt have made it without him, seriously.. he also took a book to read, but never even opened it. his major hobby is photography, so he took his camera and took lots of pics around the hotel and beach.. he really wasnt bored at all...I was.. but I was in so much pain, I didnt feel like doing anything at all.. just make sure he takes things that he likes to do...reading, music, hobbies, etc..

Valleygirl855
on 5/11/08 1:32 am - Kingsport, TN
RNY on 05/08/08 with
Hola, I am writing from Cornerstone Hospital.  I will be released tomorrow  to go back to the hotel.  I came alone, but I wish I hadn't.  I am doing better now, but wish i had my husband or someone the first couple of days.  My hubby could have gone scuba diving or something once we got back....but I am worried about handling my luggage by myself when I return.

"Valley Girl"

SW 214 / CW 133/ GW 140  HEIGHT 5'4"  Age 53  BMI 24.9  GOAL!  New Goal 130

houseofmojo
on 6/9/08 9:56 am - NV
I didn't take anyone with me, and I am so happy that I didn't . I flew into Monterrey on a Monday (Memorial Day), had surgery (RNY Lap) Tuesday. I was in the Hospital until Thursday morning and then transfered to the Hotel (which was in the hospital). I was released on Saturday and booked an early flight home. I had wireless internet the entire time which kept me busy, and I brushed up on my poker skills! LOL Having someone there would have probably been very difficult for them. Best wishes! ~Peace
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1840 views