Had My Surgery in Mexico

lisaweisenbach
on 3/28/08 3:56 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
I had my VSG on March 17 with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta. I came back home on the 22nd. I had one complication, but it was fixed pretty well i think. I havent had any problems or complications at home. Im feeling really well now, considering everything that my body went thru.. Im not jumping thru hoops yet, but im doing most things for myself..still cant bend over to pick things up off the floor, etc.. I have very low energy for now... Im working on getting in my fluids and protein, its been hard.. the worst thing i experienced was gas pain. i also had the normal incisional and surgical pain..but the gas was horrendous. i wish someone would develop a way to suck all the gas out of a person once thier surgery was over, instead of leaving in it there to cause pain....maybe i should invent that.. lol im super glad its over. Puerto Vallarta was just beautiful. I loved the Krystal hotel...wow, what a place...its like another world, truly.. i wrote out my whole experience and put it on my profile blog here on OH..if anyones curious.. I did it day by day and tried to add everything i could remember.. Yay....Im Sleeved.. Thank you Dr. Joya!

sperk
on 3/28/08 4:12 am - moorhead, MN
VSG on 02/01/08 with
Hi i am so glad you are doing better. Just think in a year from now how we will look and feel. Thats what will be great.
lisaweisenbach
on 3/28/08 4:14 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
thanks.. thats what im hoping for..

Zena L.
on 3/28/08 4:15 am

Hey Lisa, I just wanted to say hello and I'm glad you are doing well. The low energy for me was the hardest part. It lasted for a little over 3 months post surgery. I thought it was just because I had open RNY and the healing exhausted me. I forget that our calories are drastically reduced too and that causes fatigue. Hang in there! Your energy will pick up.  Amanda

Lisa.O
on 3/28/08 10:30 am - Cordova, TN
Glad to hear you are doing well Lisa! You are about to have the best time of your life, it will all get so much better! Way to go you!

Lisa o

Lisa O

I saw two shooting stars last night

I wished on them, but they were only satellites

Its wrong to wish on space hardware

I wish, I wish, I wish you cared--Kirsty McColl

Laurie D.
on 3/29/08 1:52 am - OR
RNY on 07/16/07 with

Hi Lisa,  Very glad to hear you are on the loser's bench and are doing well !!

Take care.

Loree

H 312  /  C 148 
Visit my WLS blog at:  www.bluepetels.blogspot.com

cpl60
on 5/1/08 4:25 am - Langley, Canada
Congratulations on the progress to date!  I am a newbie to the forum and am seriously considering having gastric bypass by Dr Lopez.  Do you know anything about him?  He is in Tiayana. I will be coming from British Columbia, Canada. Thank you and all the best. cpl60
isabel41206
on 9/6/08 4:52 am - MURFREESBORO, TN
I am scheduled for lap RNY gastric bypass on the 9th of Sept and my big worry is the plane ride home. how was it for you??
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views