Am I loosin it or what? Let me know what you think???

smiley97459
on 3/10/08 5:38 am - Casper, WY
RNY on 05/27/08 with
Am i loosin it or is this place??????   Ok so i am researching Doctors to do the RNY and came across a forum on here to look at www.mylapbandsurgery.com   and was going through the forums and seen a ad for surgery with: http://www.mylapbandsurgery.com/mlbsstore/index.php?option=c om_wrapper&Itemid=41    at Betancourt Medical Center in Tijuana, Mexico  with Dr Lopez, & Dr Jose Rodriguez I called them to get more info and to check the cost and she told me that I don't qualify for a RNY because your BMI has to be over 60  I started to laugh and she asked me what was funny and then she said that it had to be that way because bypass surgery was SOO evasive that they only do it on the extreme overweight. I asked her again if ehr and I were on the same page of weight loss and she repeated it to me then said, it is harsh and you only have a life expectancy of 5-7 years after the surgery if you have the bypass and that they rarely do it anymore because of that. I went no further, said thank you for your time trying not to say something like "are you crazy" this is to help you put more years on your life!!! I just wanted to share with everyone that experience and to warn you AGAINST this place if you are trying to get the RNY. Has anyone had this same experience there and then again maybe she was new or was havin a bad day???? 

Shawna 

Jennifer W.
on 3/10/08 6:07 am, edited 3/10/08 6:08 am - Kimberly, OR

I'm not sure what to say. Some docs in the USA won't do bypass unless you have a BMI of 45 or higher. But I have never heard as high as 60.  If you do your research and you know more than a receptionist you talk to on the phone, I would not trust that organization.  The more I hear of horror stories and misinformation from doctors in the US and Mexico BOTH, The more I am satisfied with the choice of going with Dr. Valencia.  His coordinator, Sandy just called me today. We chatted for over an hour. ZERO regrets... Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1841 views