Protein

zsflower
on 2/29/08 5:51 am - Elk Grove, CA

I'm having a problem getting all my protein in.  I can't seem to stand the taste of anything sweet!  It all has an after taste to me and makes me feel a little nauseous.  I'm interested to know, what are your favorite protein supplements and what do they taste like to you?

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

lisaweisenbach
on 2/29/08 6:54 am - Jonesboro, AR
VSG on 03/17/08 with
Have u tried the Nectar protein or the protein bullets? Ive got those, but havent tried them yet.  I also got unflavored protein powder to add to broths and other foods to get more protein in. However, i havent actually tried any of these yet. i am starting my pre-op diet Monday..so i will be trying some of my stuff out then. hope someone else can give u more ideas.

Eggface
on 3/2/08 4:59 am - Sunny Southern, CA
Here's some protein tips and recipes that worked for me. Hope they help you too. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/10/icky- brown-gack.html ~Michelle

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

zsflower
on 3/2/08 12:44 pm - Elk Grove, CA

I just can't stomach those bullets!  But thanks for all the suggestions, especially the recipes.  I think my taste buds are still out of whack!  I mostly can't stand the taste of anything sweet.  I'm told that will change so I guess I have to be patient.

Thanks again!

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

mrsbu
on 3/3/08 11:56 pm - Charlotte, NC
RNY on 02/21/08 with
I like the unjury chicken soup flavour I mix it with bulloin, as I get real tired real fast of the sweet protiens. I add the bulletts to crystal lite and dilute them down way past the sweet stage and drink it all day long.
Sandra Mannaravalappil......The Best Darn Chubby Realtor in Charlotte LOL

zsflower
on 3/7/08 8:57 am - Elk Grove, CA
I tried the unjury chicken soup and mixed it with the bullion.  That tastes much better to me than any of the sweet tasting stuff.  I've also tried using a canned Atkins shake in the blender with 1/2 scoop extra chocolate flavored protien and a teaspoon of peanut butter and that's not so bad.  Thanks again for the suggestions! Sandy

Sandy Johnston
Patient Care Coordinator
aLighterMe.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 435 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?